Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Big Pain In My...

Moving is stressful! I'm going through our belongings and trying to purge as much as possible. We're planning to sell some of our furniture so hopefully that will lighten the load. I'm planning to hire movers and then put most of our things in storage in Michigan. The nice thing about this purge? Now that I have Jack I'm able to move on from some of my pack rat items- like sequin purses and my cheerleading duffle bag!

I keep telling myself that in the next couple decades I'll be moving a lot. What don't I want to cart around the country with me? Unfortunately, this includes our Christmas dish set and my tea set. I'm also getting rid of some of my beloved books (only a stack so far...). Some of our cheaper items like our TV stand and Walmart bookshelves will either be going in the trash or given away for free. Hopefully we can buy some better quality items that will make our future moves with us. These cheapos did the job during our first four years of marriage... now it's time to move on.

Thinking about packing while I'm home alone with the baby is stressful. Hopefully he'll play with himself for at least half his waking hours when Matt leaves. He may become super needy... but he's a pretty calm and collected baby. As long as I'm in the room he should be ok.

Having a sick baby is stressful. Jack had his first mini-cold. Thankfully it wasn't too bad. Just some teary eyes and a runny nose. It is almost completely healed now.

Tying up loose ends at work is stressful. I don't think there's enough time to get everything organized etc. before I leave.

The idea of Matt being gone is stressful. I try not to think about it.

All of this is a big pain in my rear end. Plus, I have an actual pain in my rear end! I don't know where it is from. I don't remember bumping into anything or hurting it at the gym. But it hurts. A lot. I either pulled a muscle or something. There's a slight bruise there. Not fun.

So I have a literal and figurative pain in the butt. Sigh.