Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20

Happy Spring!

Spring has indeed sprung! On my drive into work this morning I was looking around and thinking how green the grass looked and how pretty all the buds on the trees were. Of course, I had plenty of time to notice this because I was in a string of about 10 cars that were stuck behind this van that insisted on driving 10 miles under the speed limit. At first I thought it was a fluke, but when the speed changed it lowered it's speed to be exactly 10 miles under again! Seriously? At least I had God's beautiful creation to admire on my slow commute.

I always forget that March 20 is the first day of spring. But every year I see it on my calendar and it normally doesn't make me feel anything special. I prefer the autumn and winter seasons. Summer is too hot and spring generally makes my allergies act up. I do enjoy the rain, however. But this year... spring is full of hope! I will be having a spring baby just like the creatures of the fields, I will hopefully have beautiful weather for daily walks with baby, I will have time to make a nice leisurely vacation home to Michigan to see family and friends... spring brings many good promises.

This morning I was thinking, "March 20: that would be a good day for little mister to be born!" Unless he gets a move on it isn't going to happen. But there's always tomorrow! Last night I was particularly fussy and Matt said, "Well, for every day he doesn't come the odds increase that tomorrow he will!" I suppose that is true. Either way there's not too much longer! Thankfully, I'm not that horribly uncomfortable yet. To hear me complain in the evenings at home you would think I'm dying. But honestly, I have been so blessed through this pregnancy. Not too much discomfort.

I welcome spring this year. I used to always think of spring as being all about twitter pation. Yes, I learned so many valuable life lessons from Walt Disney! Now though, spring brings so much more. Love of an entirely different kind. I know I will not fully understand love until after I hold my baby boy, but I already have so much love for him. It's hard to imagine how much more strongly I'll feel once he's born!

I can hardly wait!

No comments: