Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chore Update



Semi-meaningless post. Let's see how's I've done so far and what I still need to do in order to complete my list. If baby doesn't come this week I'll go to a few more stores to try to find a cutesy clipboard for my To Do's.





So here is my original list. If the task is completed I'll write DONE next to it on the left.



My list of to do's (again, posting this so hopefully I get it all done):

DONE *Put away all folded clothes in bedroom, do laundry, put away those clothes right away
DONE *Organize shoe/linen closet
DONE *repack baby bag and my bag for the hospital- make sure we have everything we need
DONE *charge video camera and camera batteries (leave charged until baby time)
DONE *clean bathrooms
*re-hang curtains in bedroom (one fell down)- hang curtains in guest room
*put carseat in car (yeah... that never got done...)
DONE *bring in children's books from car and put away (these were hand-me-downs I got when I was in Michigan... in December... they're still in a box in the car!)
DONE *put away all tools (they are scattered around the house from the rearranging/ building we've been doing
*fix and hang mirror over closet door (this has been on the to do list since we moved... almost 3 years ago! it's been sitting on the floor since then!)
*wash all towels/blankets/ sheets... we do this anyways, but it'd be good to give them all a good cleaning now to prepare for baby!




Ok, so I don't have that much more to do. I can finish the curtains tonight. I still have some laundry to do and was planning to do the towels etc last. We did some reorganizing of the guest room so I think that took up some time.





Not too bad. We also went to Walmart to buy some things we still needed. I did not enjoy walking around the entire store since all our stuff was spaced out in different departments. Oh well. My house is finally starting to look put together. Meaning: when we have guests over to visit the baby I can feel good about it!





Once again, I have been so thankful for my husband and his willingness to help clean the house. We buddy cleaned the bathtub/shower today. I normally do this but he wanted to do it this time. He doesn't like me doing too much physical labor now. But while I watched I wanted to help, so I did half. It was actually fun cleaning together!





I wonder if my nesting instinct has sprung. Last night I could not go upstairs until all the dishes were washed. I had to put all the leftover baby things away right at that moment. I've been running around the house doing the things above and moving things that I changed my mind about. I haven't started cleaning the cupboards and all quite yet. Hopefully baby holds off a couple more days at least and this cleaning frenzy remans in place. My house will then be spotless and I'll be ready to go!




{Edit- Monday morning}




Last night I was able to hang the remaining curtains in both the master bedroom and guest room. Looks much nicer now! We are not able to paint any of our walls per our lease, so this certainly brings some color to the rooms!




I fixed and hung the mirror in our bedroom. This also prompted me to organize my "getting ready" area. I had previously been sitting on the floor in front of the mirror (which was also on the floor) and using my hair and makeup that I stored behind the mirror. Now the mirror is properly hung, so there is not space behind it to hide my items. I brought up a side table from the living room and was able to nicely organize all of the items I use on a daily basis. I have some ideas to make it a little prettier, but for now it's all in one central location and within easy reach. I brought up a wooden folding chair from downstairs also to use to get ready. Sitting on the floor isn't comfy for a preggo, plus now that the mirror is hung it just isn't that practical.




The towels, blankets, and sheets are all in the wash now. My amazing husband is completing this last task for me. Our last load of laundry was finished drying after we went to bed last night so I figured I'd save this load for today. After it is done I'll put everything away and our house will be officially ready for baby to arrive!




The only item on my weekend to do list that was not completed was the car seat. Sigh. I don't know why I'm procrastinating on this. I really just plan to put the bases in both cars. We'll leave the actual carseat in the house until it's time to go the hospital. That way we can take either car.




I feel accomplished. I got a lot more done this weekend than I actually thought I would. I have a lot of stuff packed up for Goodwill, some clothes I borrowed from friends to return, and then my house will be nice and neat!




The only area that could use some work is my office area. Everything fits in the drawers I've been using under my desk... but they are cramped with lots of paper products and crafts materials. I'll need to do some reorganizing so it's all within easy reach, not piled on top of each other. But... I'm not too worried about it. Since everything fits now I'm planning on leaving it.




It feels good to have a clean house. I can't remember the last time my house was this clean! Visitors, welcome!

No comments: