Friday, January 06, 2012

reading list

The program I need to use for my work project is being super slow. So while I wait for it to load properly...


One of my New Year's resolutions was to read at least 100 books this year. I wanted to say 100 new books that I had never read before, but there are a lot of books I want to re-read... most of them I haven't read in almost a decade so it's time to re-read.

I tend to read several books at once. Need a little variety and differing genres. Right now on my night stand (or in my purse, by the couch, etc) are: Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas; Ivanhoe, Sir Walter Scott; Robert Frost: Selected Poems; Soul Harvest, LaHaye and Jenkins; Miracles, C.S. Lewis; Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning: Poems, ESV Bible. Four of those (including the Bible) are repeat reads. I've already finished one other book in it's entirety since the New Year, I was midway through another book but didn't count it since it wasn't entirely read in 2012. Sigh. So much reading, so little time! Hopefully I'll be able to get some good reads in while nursing!

I always have suggestions for books when others ask. I am an avid reader of all genres. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be pleased to hear. On my list this year: read more philosophy- what I agree with and what I don't, read up on other religions, read world history, read all Dickens' work.

No comments: