Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 13

I am now in Week 13 of my pregnancy. The last week of the first trimester. Hopefully this means any traces of nausea will disappear, I'll have slightly more energy, baby bump will appear and be evident, and we'll discover whether our baby bundle will be blue or pink- all things to look forward to in the second trimester.

Baby is now the size of a peach. I'm supposed to be able to feel my uterus above my pelvic bone... but I don't know what I'm feeling for. Yes, my abdomen is rounder and more firm... so maybe that's it. All of baby's critical development has been completed so it's just growing growing growing from here on out!

Baby's teeth and vocal cords are developing. One time (prior to pregnancy) I wondered if babies can cry in the womb. Then I realized that I had never heard a baby crying inside the womb. Then I thought how disturbing that would be. Matt laughed at me and pointed out the obvious, baby is surrounded by liquid so crying would be quite the feat. Maybe if we had a little fish or amphibian baby.

Speaking of little fish baby... I am SO anxious to feel Baby move! I don't anticipate it for quite some time, but have heard of mothers feeling babies this early. Of course, it may have just been anticipation or gas or both. But I'd like to hope that it's possible. I pay very close attention.

No definite cravings or aversions. It all comes and goes. The bad part is, while I'm sitting at work I think of at least 3 things that would be delicious for dinner. By the time I'm leaving work all 3 of those things sound disgusting. Generally I can't settle on anything that sounds "good"... so I settle with cereal or some kind of bread. Those things seem to soothe my stomach. Plus all the Vit C from the milk in the cereal is good for baby's bones!

I have my long trip this next weekend... but have my next appt to look forward to upon my return! I know this appt won't be anything special, but it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully I'll be able to hear the heartbeat as well. We saw the baby's heart beating on the ultrasound, but didn't hear it.

I'm vacillating on baby names again. Matthew still like both of our "J" names for him and her best. But I'll keep throwing out other options in case he changes his mind! Some of my favorites: Garrett, Jude, Dathan, and Brice for a boy; Emily (we'd rename the cat), Hailey (or Hale), Korali, and Lucia for a girl. He doesn't care too much for any of those options. So we'll stick with "Baby J" for now. I might hold off on making the public announcement of the official name just in case we change it. Plus, it adds to the excitement.

Week 13... 1/3 of the way there. My sister-in-law could pop any day now, but her due date isn't until the end of October. Yes, I am jealous. I am so ready to hold, snuggle, and love on this baby NOW!

No comments: