Friday, July 01, 2011

Last Day, Huzzah!

My husband has been saying "Huzzah" often since we have been married.
Not sure where he picked it up from.
But today was my last day in NES!!!!!!
HUZZAH!
I counted down the hours. Spent a lot of time chatting with various people in the office.
And. am. finally. done!

I moved my stuff to my new desk. There's no computer yet.
I can't wait to organize and get things put together.
I even get a name plate to wear to events. Fancy.

This marks the three day weekend.
That is glorious!
Sometimes in that weekend I have about 10 compiled chapters to read from textbooks (comes from two classes and procrastination).
I have a 15-20 page paper to write. I've only read 4 out of 10 sources.
I have two 3 page papers to write.
And I have two tests to study for that are due by next weekend.
But... at least I get to do all of this in the comfort of my own home!

I'm working on being a more positive person, in general.
It has really bothered me the things some people choose to complain about.
Really petty things, ya know?
The top 10 things I complain about (off the top of my head):::
*the fact that I haven't conceived in 11 months. Today marks the start of month 12.
*zits, acne, and ugliness to that extent.
*being tired and sore physically.
*not being included. read into that however you want.
*people who lie.
*not being able to see my family or go to Michigan.
*not being able to find a suitable pantry (this is more recent, but I do complain about it a lot).
*my mom (and others) not wanting to listen to my "problems".
*rude, ignorant students (who I hopefully won't have to deal with too much now!)
*very specific, private past life events (complained about to Matthew only).

Yes, some of those things (most of those things) are petty and unimportant in the grand scheme of life.
Huh, maybe I should make lists like that more often.
Those things seem incredibly important to my life function.
But truly, they aren't. At all.
Newsflash. Seriously, that helped.
Maybe now I won't be so self absorbed, maybe.

I didn't do any homework tonight.
Instead, I talked to my mom and Matt on the phone (at different times).
I showed my mom son youtube videos on red pandas and kittens.
I watched No Strings Attached for the first time.
I wished movies didn't have to be so foul nowadays.
I painted my toenails and fingernails "Nirvana" by Sinful Colors.

I should have read two chapters at least.
Well, there's always tomorrow.
The end.

No comments: