Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ups and downs

You'd think that getting a new, great job would make me fly high for a good long while, right?
Wrong.
Still excited about the job, of course.
Very excited.

I have been reading the Psalms and keep seeing all the verses on waiting on the Lord.
True with the job front.
He did provide. Amazingly.

Two days ago I read:

O Lord, all my longing is before you;
my sighing is not hidden from you.
My heart throbs; my strength fails me,
and the light of my eyes- it also has gone from me.
My friends and companions stand aloof from my plague,
and my nearest kin stand far off.
Psalm 38:9-11

That pretty much perfectly sums up how I've been feeling.
Especially today. Today has not felt like a good day. At all.

[edit]
Less than an hour later, I decided to delete the three paragraphs that followed the above.
It was negative and whiny.
I've been trying to be less whiny, I know, right!
Those verses are exactly how I have been feeling recently.
Proof that the Word of God is living- we read what we need.
Even though I am sad, it is good to know I am not alone.
I am sure that David wasn't feeling the same "longing" as I...
... but he's been there.

Better ending.
Trying to be more optimistic.
And... break.

No comments: