Saturday, June 04, 2011

June

It is now June. I used to despise the month of June. Truly. It began the truly hot weather. Gag. No good holidays, I'm sure Father's day will seem more important when we have babies. I love my Dad and Grpa, but I love them all year round. While school getting out (when I was younger) was a good thing, I missed my friends and seeing them every day. Going to a private school meant my friends did not live close by. My best friends lived about 40 minutes away... in opposite directions! 40 minutes from my house to one... and then 40 minutes back to my house... and 40 additional minutes to another friend's house. My mother was not pleased with the gas bills! So no, June was not a favorite month of mine.

But then three years ago that all changed! I always used to say I'd never have a June wedding. Then I realized that 06.07.08 fell on a Saturday. Had to snatch that one up! And now... I really don't mind the month of June. Plus, it's halfway through another year. That's a plus. My husband says I live for "what's next". I admit, I do. I'm trying to stay more focused on the here and now, but sometimes it's hard.

Anyways, it's June already, people! When did this happen? Wasn't it just turning 2011? Seriously, where does the time go. This is a good thing though. Right about now, time passing quickly is a very good thing for several reasons. No, I can't list them in a public forum. Ask me behind personal email accounts and I'll be more than happy to share. Believe me!

Other than that, this past week has been... exhausting. Remember a few months ago when I cried in public... in the office? At least I wasn't on the clock that time. Well, this past week I cried again... in public... at work... on the clock... for two hours. Well, one hour was my lunch break so not technically on the clock. But still. It was a good washing of the soul though. I had been feeling the need for a good cry. I had a few set backs. Then it all came out. The next day... everything looked better and brighter. Funny how that works.

Yes, I am an emotional person. Does that surprise anyone? It better not.

I have a stack of old textbooks to sell on amazon. I am so lazy though. I may just end up giving them away. I don't want to bother. But that is a waste of money. Sigh. To bad there's not someone to sell them for me.

I've been watching Army Wives. Certain parts make me very sad. Basically I imagine certain family scenarios happening with my family in the future. That is sad. But we will make the best of it and take it one day at a time. I am still excited to be a Marine wife. I could not be more proud of my husband for all the hard work he's done so far and for his desire to serve his country. He is an amazing man. Sometimes I think back to how we first became friends... and then crushes... and then more than friends... and then finally a couple. Who ever EVER would've thought? Certainly not I. And certainly more not he. Again, funny how that works.

Well, I'm not tired right now. I should finish my last assignment for my class this week... but I'll save it for tomorrow. I may just go lie in bed and read. I'm reading Ivanhoe. I read it in high school for a history report. I loved the movie from my childhood. I don't remember many of the actors (I can't picture it in my mind) but I know I thought Ivanhoe or Robin Hood was attractive... but that might have just been their character. Sometimes I watch movies I used to like as a kid... and I can't believe I thought those men were attractive! Lack of experience, I suppose. Anyways, I wanted to re-read it now. I will probably enjoy the historical (laugh) aspect of it more now. I do enjoy history. We're going to add Netflix DVD's to our streaming. I have a couple in mind that I want that are not available through the Xbox. Two of which are The Scarlet Pimpernel and Ivanhoe. Both classics. Both movies I loved as a child (like 5-10, so pretty young). And both books I've read recently.

Sometime soon I'll compile a list of the books gifted me from my Grpa and Aunt Ruth. They are amazing. I want to read them... but am almost scared that they will fall apart if I open and close them too often! Either way, great additions to my library. They will require careful packing for our future moves. Plus, they are generational.

The end and the end.

No comments: