Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pandas and Penguins

We went and saw Kung Fu Panda 2. We both really enjoyed it, despite what the reviewers said. Apparently everyone else in the critic world didn't think this movie delivered. Not as good as the first. Well, I thought it was still funny, cute, and entertaining. Being adopted and looking into that possibility for my family, I really appreciated the exploration of the adoptees feelings. I know this movie isn't meant to be too deep, but it accurately portrayed the feelings several adoptees feel about their identity and family background. Yes, a tear did cascade down my cheek when Po's mother hid him. It formed and before I could stop it the bugger raced all the way down my cheek to my neck. I find things like that sad. Yes, I still cry when the old woman puts Todd in the forest in the Fox and the Hound. Anyways, the movie was good. I enjoy the characters immensely and think the casting was superb. Gary Oldman... excellent. I didn't look at the credits prior to watching the movie. I knew the voice was familiar and Matt turned to me and said, "Do you know what that is?". I listened to him talk for about 10 more seconds and asked, "Sirius Black?". I know his name and I also thought of his roles in Lost in Space and Book of Eli... but all I could think of was Sirius Black. Speaking of which... 1.5 months. Woot.

Also, they are finally making Mr. Popper's Penguins into a movie! Not sure how I feel about Jim Carey... and it looks like it'll be way too animated. But I'll take what I can get. I have a very old, very worn copy of Mr. Popper's Penguins on my bookshelf. I read it in... third grade? Possibly second grade. It became my favorite and inspired my love for Penguins.

Pandas and penguins. I also am a fan of lions and giraffes. Yet, I cannot have any of these are pets. Have you seen any of the Red Panda videos on youtube? No, go watch them. Red pandas are like the perfect mix of puppy and kitten! I want one. Boo.

Other than that... I didn't really look at my syllabus for this week. I had four extra chapters from textbook number two to read. I wrote my discussion board and will write my replies before going to bed. That's assignment one. I also have to write a report of my planning progress on the group I will run later in the class. Four sessions on "Change". Broad topic. At least this first assignment isn't difficult. I'll do that tomorrow in 15 minutes. Assignment three: test 1. I'll go to Liberty to take that. I don't trust our internet since every time I take a test it times out. It works fine for everything else, but not tests. Stink. I finished the 1.5 chapters out of textbook one earlier today and then saw I needed 4 more chapters in textbook 2. I read 2 of them just now. Saving the other 2 for tomorrow. So definitely still do-able to get everything done with plenty of time, but now I know to look ahead.

I have Monday and Tuesday off from work. That is glorious! My house will finally get cleaned. I think I'm going to find more stuff to get rid of since we postponed the yardsale. I might even go buy a bookshelf so I can showcase my new books in the living room. So much to do. But I might also sleep... a lot.

Good night world.

No comments: