Friday, May 20, 2011

Wet Blanket

That's what I've been. No more being a wet blanket!

I think I've just been overly emotional. Nothing wrong with emotions. I rather enjoy being an emotional person. I can be very, very happy... distraught... horribly angry... lovey dovey. It's much better than being a blah-so-so personality. At least in my personal opinion.

Like I said in the previous post, I am working on getting all my music onto my computer. Now, when I burned all my music onto discs (because I knew my computer would die eventually) I tried to set it up so it would burn with the song titles and all. No doing. Some of them here and there have the song titles. Most of them are blank. So a lot of them are going onto the computer as "D Artist Mix", which was all the random songs by artists who's names started with D. That's a lot of possibilities. I'll have to listen to each of them someday to try to figure out who it is. Thank goodness for the internet. I'll listen to some of the lyrics and type them into the search bar and hopefully find the songs. I don't remember how many gigs I have total... but it will take a long time to get everything with proper titles and artists again. Sigh. I guess it'll give me something to do in the evenings when my graduate school is done. And then when Matt enters the Marines and I'm at home all day... that's something to do then as well. Sigh, looking for the bright light.

I just finished reading Ezra. That is a book that I couldn't rightly tell you what the point of it was. I mean, it goes over the same characters in the Samuel-Kings- Chronicles that I just went through. It goes over the rebuilding of the temple... which seems so so similar to Nehemiah, but with a wall that time. And it mentions all the foreigns that we'll hear more about in the prophets. A lot of repetition. Well, I suppose repetition usually means it's important, right? I don't know that I can say I've ever studied Ezra. I went to a Christian preschool, private Christian school from K-12, and then a Christian college, and now a Christian Graduate School. I continued to participate in church during this time as well. Never can I remember studying in detail the book of Ezra. It was always glossed over. Open the NIV Study Bible to the outline in the front... that's what we studied. End of story. There's probably something more important there. Sigh. Maybe someday I'll get ambition and do a detailed study of that book.

But in reality... I'm almost almost to Job. I love the book of Job. Makes me think twice about being so woe-ful. I'm trying to go through the Bible in order this year. I haven't done that since High school. I always bounced around to whatever piqued my fancy at the time. I was ahead of schedule for awhile. Now I've fallen behind. I became lazy and began just reading one chapter each day. The Samuel-Kings- Chronicles always does that to me. It's the same stories over and over again. "And the rest of the acts of King such-and-such... is it not written in the book of the Kings?"

I am writing myself into a cheerful mood. I need to find a new pleasure book to read. Catcher in the Rye? Alrighty then. Yes, I am 23 years old and have never read Catcher in the Rye. Not one more day will pass before I begin.

Even thought it's "late" I think I'll make some hot chocolate to drink while I read a few chapters. I do have to work tomorrow, but not until 10. Saturdays are also very relaxed (I actually thought "chill" there but I don't like that expression). So tomorrow will be a day of work and then weekend weekend!

Night.

No comments: