Friday, March 04, 2011

Faith

As I was writing my paper, I used this popular verse in regards to scientific proofs of the work of spirituality in the counseling relationship:

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
English Standard Version

It brought peace to my heart and mind. Proof that the Word of God is living and active. A verse I have heard countless times throughout my 23 years. A Verse that has been outlined or highlighted in every copy of Scripture I have owned. One that is taught as a mantra, an encouragement, and a definition.

I have faith. My God is bigger than any situation. I have faith that He has a plan for my life. He has seen my past, present, and future. He has brought me to this place. Amazing that I lived through my childhood and adolescence and turned out the person I am today. Amazing. That is proof in itself that He has a plan for me and my life. I eagerly anticipate where He will lead me.

Another bright spot of the day: I am listening to the Wicked soundtrack while writing my paper. Matt and I are trying to decide if we want to take a trip for our anniversary. The ideas span from quite luxurious, to quite relaxing, to quite memorable, to quite simple. One of the ideas is NYC since I've never been. While there I would force him to go see Wicked with me. I saw it with my parents on my birthday before we were married. He was invited along, but didn't think musicals and shopping (we saw it in Chicago) were his thing. This musical is too amazing not to share! I hope it's made into a movie. The soundtrack will do for now.

Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true...

No comments: