Monday, February 14, 2011

Disappointment

... is part of life. I suppose I should get used to it. Especially with my husband entering the Marines. I am very proud of him for pursuing this new goal, but am slightly worried about how i will handle the many disappointments that are sure to come in our lives. We will need to be flexible and go with the flow.

I just had a disappointment. It was... rough. I actually cried in public, which is so embarrassing. But crying truly does wash the windows of one's soul. It's not cliche, well, it is. But it's also true. So that makes it ok. After a slight cry in public, I feel much better. Well, better, at least. Maybe not "much". My work day doesn't begin until noon so hopefully I'll be put together by that time.

Prayers appreciated in the mean time.

Have a wonderful day!

[addition]

A couple hours later. Some time reflecting and speaking with my supervisor. Slightly better spirits. I am ready to face the day.

[addition dos]

Now work is over. It was a rough day all around. I decided to skip my lunch break to make up the last remaining hour for my sick day I took Friday. Nice that I didn't have to use an official sick day, but that meant that I worked 8 hours extra at some point. Give and take. I'm finally finished with work and I begin to feel the disappointment. During the work day I had a second major disappointment. Basically, let's just say I'll be staying where I am work wise for a while longer. I'm not an assertive person. It screwed me over.

Tomorrow is Matthew and my Valentine's Day since we both had to work late this evening. All I want to do is lie in bed all day. Not the best attitude, but I'm sad.

Today could go down in history as one of the worst days of my life. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it.

No comments: