Sunday, February 06, 2011

Bragging

I forgot in my last post to go back and brag about my awesome husband. So here it is.

For the Marines, he must complete a PFT (Personal Fitness Test). He will be doing his in May. He already blew his practice PFT out of the water and we aren't expecting any hiccups between now and May.

The requirements are:
* 20 pullups
*100 situps in 2 minutes
*3 miles in 18 minutes

Now, if you do less than the requirements or a longer run time, then that is fine. Basically the above requirements are for a perfect score.

Right now he can do:
*20 pullups
*101 situps in 2 minutes
*3 miles in 21.59 minutes

We have at least 3 months to work on that run time. Possibly longer depending on when his PFT is scheduled. His goal was to get his 3 miles in 21 minutes. We'll see how much more time he can manage to scrape off! Considering that before August he hadn't run at all since high school... and when he first starting running he couldn't even do one mile a at a time... I'd say he is doing an amazing job! I am so proud of my husband and the hard work he has been putting into this goal. He will be a great Marine and I am so thankful for this opportunity he has to do something he will enjoy.

Other than that: today has been relaxing. We woke up and went to church. Made delicious steak for lunch. Took the usual Sunday afternoon naps with the kittens. Kittens got baths. Turned in my paper. Making pizza for dinner (I'm going over to a friend's house tomorrow for pizza as well... I did not plan this out well. Oh well, I like pizza) and watching a movie, possibly The Kingdom if Matthew gets his way. Getting some more pleasure reading out of the way before I dig in to this weeks load of homework. Thankfully, I have this weekend to catch up on anything I don't get done during the week. I love weeks where I don't work on the weekends! Hopefully if my Career Advancement goes through I won't have to work weekends any longer. We'll see how that pans out.

Oh, and the Super Bowl? Yeah, we don't like football at all. At all. Not interested in the least.

No comments: