Sunday, January 16, 2011

They Seek Him Here...

I just finished the above novel this afternoon. It is brilliant. Made the list of favorites, most definitely. That is the cover I have and several times I flipped back to the front to look at the blue yes often mentioned by the authoress. Sure, it is only an illustration, but as so often happens, I found myself falling in love (again) with Sir Percy Blakeney. As soon as I was through the first few pages it all started coming back. I read The Scarlet Pimpernel in high school once. I had viewed the movie several times with my sister as it was her favorite. But I didn't remember many details.
After progressing halfway through the book, however, I went to FYE to see if I could find the above image. The film adaptation fro my childhood. Not expecting it to be there I was pleasantly surprised to see they did have a space for it... but it was empty. Maybe someday soon it will be filled and as swiftly emptied! I'll have to check Barnes and Noble also. If they have the Fivel videos then why not The Scarlet Pimpernel? I was able to buy the official first and second seasons of Boy Meets World from FYE. I have the entire series on a blackmarket version... some episodes are missing and the quality it poor. I plan to purchase seasons three and four this week. The remainders are being released shortly as they have never been made into DVD format. Thank you, Lionsgate!
Sometimes I wish I could be a Lady. Such a beautiful gown! These two were supposed to be the bessed dress male and female in all of Europe! Yes, they are lovely.
And here they are in love. Such a journey. Such a romance. Such adventure. I feel like instead of a flogging at the end there was a swordfight instead? I may be confusing The Scarlet Pimpernel with Ivan Hoe. But It seems right that there be a swordfight. Either way, Sir Percy ranks right up there with George Knightly and Fitzpatrick Darcy. Britain has wonderful heroes.

... they seek him there
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere
Is he is in heaven? Is he in hell?
That demmed elusive Pimpernel!

No comments: