Monday, October 25, 2010

Soak Up the Sun

I was listening to The Best of Sheryl Crow as I elliptical-ed the other day. I don't like country... at all. But Sheryl Crow, Taylor Swift, and Faith Hill can't really be classified as country. I mean really. They just have a slight twang, and not even that all the time! Anyways, I was listening to Sheryl Crow. I thought it was ironic. "Iiiiiii'm gonna soak up the suuuuuuuun..." Is that really such a wise choice all things considered? I haven't been tan in... probably 3.5 years. That's a long time. Sure, I got some sun when we went and visited Jon and Andrea that one time and I got a little tiny bit of sun when we were in Cali visiting the in-laws... but I haven't gotten any good color in a good long while. Shame. But, I sure am healthy!

I need new music. And an iPod with more gigs. My 60 gig broke awhile back. I have the worst luck with iPods. First one was stolen. Second one just stopped working and the techs couldn't fix it. Third one had some issues and eventually turned off and never turned back on. Fourth one I gave to Matt. Fifth one died somehow, I don't really remember. But my trusty nano, the only one that was free, is still alive and well. And holds about 1/8 of my music. I don't know how accurate that is. I know that is only holds a tiny portion. I need a new iPod. I was unselfish and bought my husband a new one with more gigs... and then I proceeded to wash it with the dark load... yeah, it still plays but you can't see what's playing. No screen, ya see. Sigh. Maybe someday we'll purchase new iPods to better suit our needs. Until then all we can think about is Xbox's, new laptops, and good boots. But anyways, I need new music. I had finally caught up on music back in college (not all but at least I had some current albums) and then the industry rushed on without me. I listen to the radio in the car and don't feel the need to buy albums anymore. Then the songs are no longer popular so aren't played and I miss them. The only CD I've bought in the past two years (since marriage) is the "new" Backstreet Boys, This is Us. (Is that what it's called? I kept leaving it in Matt's car so I haven't even listened to it very often) That's just because I am a loyal fan. I loved them in middle school and never stopped. At least I'm not ashamed. Ok, I'm a little ashamed. But I still love em. That's pathetic though. So many new albums and new artists that I love. And no new music for me.

I can hardly believe it's almost November. It was just turning to 2010! If things go wayward and we take option B (in life), then I may be staying at my current job until next October. Sigh. Hopefully 2011 will go by quickly as well. I hate wishing life to pass quickly. At least it's just about the job in this case and not about life in general. Hopefully Option A will pan out though. Well, I suppose Option A is my favorite, moving home. Then option B, which would be staying here but possibly not working at Liberty. So really, the above should be option C, which would be staying here and staying at Liberty. So many decisions and so many unknowns. At least if it comes down to it and we re-up our lease then we have the money to pay to break our contract later on. I really don't want to do that tough. A perfectly good $2100... wasted on moving early. Sigh. No use worrying about it now.

I have been incredibly thirsty lately. I'll drink plenty of water all day. Drink something else at dinner. And then by bedtime I'm parched again! Not normal. Time to get a large glass of water, settle into bed to read a chapter or two from my book (I'm re-reading "Redemption" by Karen Kingsbury. Yes, I just read it a few months ago. But it's light, fluffy, romantic, sad, and a quick read. I need that in the midst of my grad classes. Plus if I kept reading more Bean books I wouldn't want to put them down and I'd go another week with very little sleep and get behind on homework!), and go to bed.


No comments: