Monday, September 13, 2010

high school

Matt and I have been watching through the series of Boy Meets World. Plus I watched High School Musical the other day. While I don't wish to go back in any way, shape, or form... There are things I miss about it. It was great seeing all my friends every day during the week. It was great knowing everybody, even though that meant everyone knew the good, the bad, and the ugly. I enjoyed singing and I enjoyed cheerleading. I super loved my cheer girls. We were probably the least stereotypical cheerleaders around. I miss being genuine best friends with guys. Once you're married all friendships with the other gender change. I miss falling in infatuation for the first time. And the second time and the third time. And then there was the one time where I genuinely fell in love. When you're young there are so many feelings attached to all emotions.

Yes, sometimes I think back to high school and there are definitely things I miss. Mainly the old friendships that have faded. That's bound to happen throughout life, I know. But it doesn't make it any easier. At least I will always have my Matthew and my Abby. I know they will be my very best friends forever. That is truly a comforting thought.

This week should be fine. One work day down. My head ached today some, but it diminished halfway through the day. I'm going to take some excedrin with me tomorrow. Friday we have a work picnic at the park. I plan to take a blanket, lots of water, and settle in to read for my homework. I'm required to be there for my regularly scheduled shift. That means from 1-6. Then I get to go in to work from 6-9. Well, at least I get some time off the phones! Still, a 5 hour picnic seems like a bit much.

Before we know it Thanksgiving will be here. And then Christmas! And then April, hopefully when we'll be moving! Please let the time go quickly!

No comments: