Saturday, August 14, 2010

out with the old

Well, taking into consideration the life we've chosen for our future, I've been trying to simplify my life. When our military life begins, it won't be fun packing up as much junk as we own and moving it from place to place. Plus once kids pop up then our belongings will quickly multiply. I've gone through my clothes and will probably continue to lighten the load. Shoes are an issue. I really only wear a few pairs, but the others are all necessary too! I don't wear heels everyday but that doesn't mean I'm getting rid of them! And then there's my books. I could probably get rid of a few I'll never read again. But honestly, that's only about five! I like my books! I should probably trash my textbooks. I like having them, but they are heavy and take up a lot of space. Sigh. Growing up is hard! What do you do with old yearbooks? I'll keep one copy, but Matt and I both have copies of the same books! Unnecessary. Overall though, we don't have too much stuff really. Not compared to some people.

I have a research paper to write in the next couple of days. I'm not sure when it's due, but I'm going to pretend it's Wednesday. I've always been good at writing papers, but it's so tedious! At least it's my last assignment for that class. After this paper I'll be 20% finished with my Masters. Come Christmas I'll be 50% finished! That's a good feeling.

I think I fixed my text messages on my phone! Woot! They haven't been working. I think the alltel switch to Verizon had something to do with it. So far I've received responses from my friends I've texted. Yay! Such an easier way of communication.

I had to work today. My one Saturday a month. Not too bad, really.

I've found five baby fleas on Maxie. Two of them were already dead. The others were itty bitty so I'm hoping they just hadn't been on him long enough for the frontline to kill them yet. I pulled them off and killed them. Maybe I'll go back to the vet and buy some Capstar pills. Those kill all the fleas on the body within 30 minutes. That'd be nice to have until I'm sure the situation is under control. One flea was jumping on ME! I captured it and beheaded it. Gross.

Time for bed.

No comments: