Monday, August 30, 2010

Bright Pink Polish

My mother in law bought me a Coach nail polish set for my birthday. It had purple, which I had wanted for a long time; gold, which I am excited to use next; a baby pink, which I have not yet use; and a bright pink, which is currently on my fingers. Bright pink... sassy. I like it. I have it on both my fingers and my toes. Even though my fingernails and my fingers themselves are kind of funny shaped, I think they are lovely. One of my finer features. The only issue really is that my fingers and hands are so short that they look stubby. But they're not. Ah well. Can't have everything.

So I bought season 6 of LOST of Tuesday. I had some homework to do for the week, worked my regular full time schedule, and watched some Boy Meets World with my hubband... and still finished the season and watched the special features by last night! Not bad. I could have finished it sooner but I wanted to pace myself. Guess that didn't work out so well. So this was the first time I had watched any of the episodes. I had only read one thing about the finale and had not talked to anyone about it in detail. I knew that almost everyone except for two people I knew disliked it. As I watched the sixth season I kept feeling like I "got it". If that makes sense. I felt that it was put together perfectly. The actual finale made me cry multiple times (specifically when Sayid/Shannon meet, Jin/Sun understand, and Sawyer/Juliet meet) and I thought it was genius. Sure, there are still a few questions left unanswered, but that's ok. That's art. Sure, it's a little lame (just a little) that they're actually dead. I didn't like that, but it still made sense. It worked. What I don't really understand is why Michael was in the whispers? What did it mean when Kate, Lapides, Sawyer, Miles, Richard, and Claire flew off the island? Why wasn't Anna Lucia ready? Where was Eco? Why was Walt in the mental institute and not dead? What about Hurley and Ben being in both places still? What happened to Miles, Charlotte, Daniel, and Lapides? Why was Penny at the church? So yeah, still questions... and that is only about the very very end. Lots mor questions about other issues throughout the rest of the seasons. But I think it was genius. Beautiful, actually. They could never satisfy everyone and it is their show. Who are the audience to tell them they did it wrong? Who could write a better ending? It was a journey for a hero... that turned into several heroes. And that was captured perfectly.

Matt and I both received 100's on our research papers in our last class. That is amazing. We are smart.

Please pray for Matt. He has been having some issues with his running. He has some issues with his legs. We're trying to fix his technique. Hopefully there's nothing wrong. I know he would be devastated if he couldn't go into the military due to his running/legs. So please keep him in your prayers. I think (read "hope") that it's just him getting used to running again and he won't have any more problems after his body gets used to it. He hasn't run in years so hopefully that's it. Hopefully.

I have been approved for all of my Christmas time off. I'll have one full week at home in Michigan with my family. That will be amazing. I do have to switch Saturdays with someone, but that shouldn't be a problem. I also have time off when Matt's family comes here from GA/CA/MI. That's the week of Christmas so I was a little worried about that request. Thankfully, I got my request in right on time before they closed requests! Basically the day I submitted my request an email went out to the department stating that no more time off would be granted for after December 12. I made it just in time! Apparently a lot of people had been requesting time off early. I'm so glad it was approved. I haven't seen my family in a year and a half and we've only seen Matt's family in bits and pieces. It will be nice to have everyone together again!

I'm working late today. That means until 9 pm. I do not like this schedule one bit. It makes for a long day. Not to mention I have to work at 7:45 tomorrow so I don't have much time for anything else once I'm off for the day. At least I only have to work late once a week. It's been pretty slow lately as well so that should be good. At least it shouldn't be busy.

The end.

No comments: