Tuesday, July 27, 2010

pa tooey

I've been feeling... Large lately. I still fit in all my clothes so I'm not monstrous or anything. But still, I'm... Rounder, I think. Maybe not rounder. How about... Fuller? There are a few things that fit a little too tightly for my liking... But that is because I used to wear my clothes entirely too tight! I was always a fairly modest dresser, but I did like stretchy shirts. I still like fitted cotton, but not the kind where you can count my ribs.

Anyways, so I looked at myself in the mirror today. Then I weighed myself. I officially weigh the most I've ever weighed in my life. Not like I gained 10 pounds since the last time I weighed myself. I haven't even gained 5 pounds. But it still bothers me that I've gained even a little when there is no reason for that. So starting August 1 (it was always easier for me to track new healthy options or exercise at a new month or new week... August 1 is both!) I plan to redo my current living situation! I will be more thoughtful about what I eat. Sitting at a desk all day sure isn't helping so the least I can do is pack a healthy lunch. I always eat breakfast because I starve otherwise so that won't be a problem. I don't snack too much between meals but I do eat too much at a given meal. I want to try to halve my portions.

I will also begin putting my gym membership to good use! I have been neglecting it since we moved. So I will go regularly each week when my work schedule allows (sometimes when I'm done with my shift the gym is already closed) and do exercise videos at home when I can't go. I might even begin going down to the indoor track and walking during my lunch break. We'll see. I don't want to get sweaty at work so I'll have to see if it's hot in the track. I really have to work at being active now. It's beginning to catch up with me since I'm not involved in group sports. I have been out of high school for 5 years.

With those steps, I would think by October (so two full months) I will shed the extra weight and be back to my normal weight. Probably quicker than that. Hopefully I will tighten my muscles that have gotten a little loose and floppy and gain more energy.

I just got a good look at myself and found myself disgusting. Time for a change. Thank you SHAPE magazine for inspiration and workout plans!

Thankfully, I have a husband who says he can't even tell a difference in me. He's a good liar. And he loves me. Entirely.

No comments: