Saturday, June 12, 2010

Homework

Saturday Home working. Remember when we were full time students and had really nothing else to do each and every day? Sure, we might work a couple days a week but for the most part we were in class? We just couldn't wait to get out of school and out into the real world. What were we thinking? School really wasn't so bad! We had a few hours of class a day, possibly a few hours of homework that evening, and the rest of the time free for our personal use and enjoyment. We lived with out friends, if a boyfriend was in the picture he usually wasn't too far off. Not too shabby. Not that I would want to go back to college. I don't fancy living on the dorms truly and I am very happily married now. But the whole 40+ hour workweek thing... plus homework for grad school... plus managing a small social life... plus being a good wife... it all adds up to not enough hours in the day! I know a lot of other people have more responsibilities than I, but this sure seems like spreading too much Becca over too many things and there not being enough to go around.

In reality, I don't feel so super stressed. But I do like breaks every now and then to write a nice blog. For instance, I just took the quiz for this week. Got 100%. I'm going to finish my annotated bibliography here shortly and submit it for grading. Then I'll probably take a break to watch either a movie or some episodes of some show we have the seasons of. Then I'll begin my homework for next week. Doesn't seem too stressful today. But it still is, just a little. Again, still dreading my 60+ hour workweek next week. Nothing will get done besides work. I wasn't schedule for any late shifts and I was so exited about that! And then I go and volunteer to work late on top of my regularly scheduled shift every single day that I'm working, including Saturday. Talking on the phone for 60+ hours next week... to students who most likely have been procrastinating and are now going crazy to meet the deadlines next week... not going to be a fun week. Possibly the last time I volunteer for that much overtime. A day here or there is fine, but five days of overtime all in a row... not so much.

Enough time wasting. I have sufficiently given my brain a break so I can now continue my homework with sanity. Hopefully it will go by quickly. I already had a nice break to take a nap when the thunderstorm passed through and our power went out. It flickered back on, but I didn't want to keep my computer on while it was still storming. Precautions!

No comments: