Sunday, May 16, 2010

Complete

A lot has been going on in the Iveson household lately. Most everything has found it's permanent home... for the time being anyways. Once we get some new bedroom furniture then we'll have to rearrange and set up the guest room. Most everything else has been properly stored though. But I do have to wonder what on earth we'll do when Baby #1 comes. We'll move the office stuff around and make that the nursery... but in the closet is my winter wardrobe and some of our storage bins. And I don't really know where that is going to go! I'll probably just get bed raisers for the guest room and store as much as possible under there. And hope that will free up the guest room closet for my winter clothes. Yes, I probably have far too many clothes, but I still where them all and like them all so I don't feel like I need to get rid of them!

But it does feel nice to have everything more or less put away and neat. I feel like I can finally have people over to see our new home. I started hanging up pictures, which was probably more stressful than it needed to be because I was worried that I would decide to change the furniture around. But I think I like how everything turned out. I still have a few things to hang around the house and nothing has been hung in the upstairs... but the living room, dining room, and kitchen are complete. And that is a very nice feeling. I found a beautiful frame at Michaels I want to put two wedding pictures in and hang in the living room in the reading area. It is beautiful. The rest of the frames I have that currently house wedding photos will soon be updated. While I still loved my wedding, I am ready to take down the majority of the wedding photos and be content with my album. I still have to decide what pictures to print but it will be must better than the repetitiveness of wedding pictures in every room on every wall.

Matthew and I have been trying to make some decisions about the next few years, the ones we have left in Lynchburg. There are so many things to consider: graduate school timelines, renting this townhouse and when the lease will be up each year, when we would be able to move back to Michigan, how much we want to save for buying a house in Michigan and all that goes into that, if we want to take any vacations or just save our money, jobs while we stay here, and most importantly (to me) babies. We've been making a lot of decisions and our 5-year plan is starting to look differently than we originally planned... but in an entirely wonderful way. It really is interesting how I try to plan so far in advance and then God gives us something new to think about and He opens new doors and then we're like, "Oh, so that's how it is!" Our God is a great and awesome God. He surely is.

So life has been falling in to place once again. Our new home is very comfortable and lovely and I am so thankful everything has been falling in to place.

Life is starting to feel the most complete it can be. That is a very good thing.

No comments: