Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

This hasn't felt much like Easter. Easter is usually my favorite "holiday". Not because of the pastel colors, the chocolate, or the Easter bunny extravaganzas. But quite seriously because of what it symbolizes. Christ the Lord, RISEN. Without that, all else, everything in life, entirety, all would be worthless. Obsolete. Absolute emptiness. But He came. He rose. He defied it all. And He kept His promises. He loved us SO much. And we eternally will spit in His face and crucify Him over and over again. But He continues to love us. Why? I honestly don't know. But He rose. He ROSE. Think on that. Amazing. Truly amazing. It's far too much for me to wrap my mind around.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 1 Cor. 15:26

No, that isn't just the motto of the death eaters. And no, JK Rowling did not come up with that herself. Amazing how many sayings arise in the world that originate from Scripture. The last enemy to be destroyed. And He alone truly conquered it. He was the Master of Death. He arose victorious. Death could not keep Him down.

He is not here, for he has risen, as he said... He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. Matt. 28: 6-7

Can you imagine hearing those words from the angel of the Lord? Your feet could not carry you fast enough. It should not have come as a surprise, but I'm sure all who heard were surprised at this news. They would have been just like us. Skeptical, but all the same curious. Heeding the words of the angel and running to tell the disciples, but still not entirely convinced. And then, behold, He appeared.

I won't go through the entire song, but I always always think of "There Rose A Lamb". One of my favorite Chorale songs. I always wanted to sing it and then finally one year we did. You can't sing the same songs every year, unfortunately. I think that one would always be a winner. Kind of like "Mary, Did You Know". Some songs are just so powerful.

There in the grave His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious day
UP FROM THE GRAVE HE ROSE AGAIN
and as He stands in victory
Sins curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am His and He is Mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

In other news: My eyesight continues to worsen. It's my own fault, really. I hate to wear my glasses. And now when I do wear them they are rendered useless. And that is probably where my constant headaches are coming from. So when we get back from California I'll probably make an eye appointment and get a new prescription. And then I'll be cursed with four eyes. I'll possibly try out contacts again, but we all know how disastrous that was the last time. Sigh- curse these Asian eyes that can't open wide enough to fit the stinkin contact in. It's not that I don't like how I look with glasses, it's just that they continually slide down my face since my nose bridge is nonexistent. That gets plenty annoying and when I continually scrunch up my face to keep them in place, that also gives me a headache. I'll never be rid of them.

Why oh why did I schedule my auto glass appointment for 8 am? Stupid. Entirely stupid. But, I guess it'll be worth it when my windshield is not longer a safety hazard. It hasn't spread any more since Friday, but I'm positive it would eventually. And since our vehicle inspections are in August, I'd rather take care of it now when I have a day off then try to schedule it another time. I hope they can salvage my inspection sticker so I don't have to go early. That would stink. Stupid VA and their vehicle inspections. Though really, it's actually nice. Just insuring that my vehicle is safe.

Less than 2 weeks until California. Could not be more excited. Definitely ready for a vacation and to see family! We haven't seen Matt's parents since June. That's ridiculous! And we've never been to their new house. It will be such a nice and relaxing vacation!

Be blessed!

No comments: