Monday, February 08, 2010

What a Weekend

Hello world. Happy Monday.

NOT!

I just love coming in to work at 9 like normal and planning on leaving at 4 using some of my comp time... and finding out that at some point between last week when I checked the work schedule and today that my schedule changed and I was supposed to be working a 12-9 shift. Which means I can't leave early. And I'm not sure if I get 3 extra hours of comp time. That would give me 9 hours total and I have half a sick day that rolled over from 2009 to use before the end of March. So a total of 13 hours to use sometime. And I wasn't feeling well today. I considered calling in sick. And now I'm working a 12 hour day. Wonderful.

I'm not that upset about it. It's my own fault. I need to start checking the schedule every few days in case of a change. And now we can check our schedules at home and not rely on my handwritten copy that is subject to change.

This weekend was pretty swell though. We had a snow day on Friday. It was grand. But around 7 pm on Friday we lost power. It was off until mid afternoon Saturday. Yeah, made for a long, cold night. Brrr. But it wasn't horrible. I felt bad for the kitten though. She kept crawling under the covers but then she wouldn't want to be stuck under there and she would crawl out and get cold again. We need a kitty sweater for her.

On Saturday Matt and I went to Roanoke to get out of our cold house. He rented me a Glock... 26 I think and it was beautiful. It fit my hand perfectly and I did pretty well with it. The best I've ever shot. I'm slowly getting better. Someday Matt's going to buy me a gun my size so it doesn't rub against my hand with the recoil. We also went to the mall and I bought a book. I already finished it. I love me my books!

I can't believe I've already been at work for 8 hours. I'm not feeling 100% and I'm very tired. I even took a nap yesterday. I think I might be coming down with something. We're scheduled to get more snow... so it would be so nice if we closed tomorrow and then I have Wednesday off already! Well, we won't be closed tomorrow. I highly doubt that. Sigh.

I'm so tired. I should run down the hall and get some coffee. But I don't have the energy to do that. It's ridiculous. Oh well.

That's what I get for not checking the schedule. Boo.

No comments: