Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh Brother!

rolling eyes... long exaggerated sigh...

...and I'm over it.


I would love it if I could just post that much and be done for the night. But what a waste of a post right?

Basically, I've had a lot of little things happen in the past 48 hours that have built up to one big horrible feeling. For lack of a better word. It hasn't necessarily been a bad day. Work was fine. Not the best, but that was largely due to my attitude. I pretty much felt like crying all day at work but you just can't do that when you talk to people on the phone all day. They really don't care about your problems. At least I had nice students to talk to all day. I don't think I had one single student yell at me or hang up on me. That always makes the work day a little better.

And I think I upset my parents over something minor and pretty silly. They're not mad at me or anything like that, but it's still frustrating. My dad himself admitted that it was just because we're from two completely different generations who do things differently. It's really a misunderstanding but it bothers me. And no, it doesn't bother me that we disagreed, it bothers me that I upset them. I know, right? Me? That just doesn't sound like me. I am slowly becoming the adult I should be. I'm still very young and have a long road of maturity ahead of me, but I'm not half so selfish as I was pre-marriage. That's a good thing. Definitely a good thing.

I meant to go to the gym today after work but realized that I left some of my stuff at home. Once i'm home I'm not going back out since it's way out of the way then. Stink. And now I have no motivation since it's been a rotten day. I think I'll most likely just draw a bath, use some calming bath salts one of my students from last year gave me, and finish Pride and Prejudice.

Maybe one day I'll be better at this whole "life" thing. There's always tomorrow.

No comments: