Sunday, December 27, 2009

It was a White Christmas...

I don't get my hopes up for having a White Christmas since moving to Virginia. Last year we had some snow, but it all came far after Christmas. On Christmas Day it was warm enough to wear a T shirt without a coat. Well, this Christmas we had a nice layer of snow of the ground to make it feel truly like Christmas! 

Yeah, it started snowing the Friday night before Christmas and didn't stop until late Saturday morning! We got about a foot and a half that stuck all the way through Christmas! Some of it is still out on the ground today! It was beautiful! Now, Virginia isn't equipped to handle a snow fall like this. No salt trucks. And the plows didn't come around our neighborhood until Sunday. So we were stranded in our own home! At least all our Christmas shopping was done and we had heat! A lot of people got stuck in the storm and were stranded on the side of the roads! It was pretty bad. We were thankful not to be out stuck somewhere waiting for rescue. Literally.


Christmas came and we got some good loot. I know you can't pick out much in this picture, but it is most of our Christmas presents! My favorite presents, which aren't shown in this picture, are my two wool J.Crew coats! One from my husband and one from my mother. They are very warm and classy. Matt's favorite present is his new ipod from me. Between the two of us we've gone through about six ipods. We just have the most rotten luck. You hear those stories about people who have their ipod just stop charging or doing anything at all for now reason in the week after the warranty expires? Yup, that's us. Every single time. Hopefully this one will last for a good long while.


And here's our little family. It's a little dark because the flash makes Emily's eyes turn yellow. 

Now it is the last week of December. My how time is passing! It seems like just yesterday I started my new job at Liberty, but it also seems like I've been working there for a long time. Does that make sense? I have truly come to enjoy my work. It isn't difficult and sometimes it is even enjoyable. The benefits are great, I have an amazing boss, and my coworkers are a hoot. It makes going in to work everyday just that much more enjoyable. I know I could have it far worse. I am blessed. This week we have Jan. 1-2 off! We work rotating Saturdays and I think this would have been my Saturday to work! I haven't worked a Saturday for about two months just because of when the office has been closed! Luck of the draw, I guess! It will be nice to have a weekend off. And Matthew has the weekend off as well so we'll get to spend some time together. He had to work Christmas day and every day since then. All evening shifts. So we only see each other a little in the mornings. Sigh.

One other big announcement. So we went to Kay Jewelers to see about exchanging my center diamond in my bridal set. One of my friends is having it done so we went to see about some prices and estimates. Long story short, I found the perfect diamond and we did the exchange right then and there! I just have the best husband ever! They sent it to the repair shop to be traded but the latest I should have it will be Jan. 9. I really hope it miraculously comes in this week. I know with the holidays and shipping time that really isn't very likely. But I will love having it back on my finger! My wonderful husband bought me a 1 carat diamond for my bridal set! I know, he is amazing. I cannot wait to have it all placed together! I chose a solitaire ring and they exchange the whole heads of the rings. I held up the solitaire next to my bridal set, but it was so hard to truly see how it will look. It will be beautiful though! They are also doing a rhodium treatment for free so the rest of my set looks sparkling brand new, just like the center stone. It will be fabulous! Technically, this is my 2 year anniversary present. And our anniversary is in June. But we figure, why wait? At least I figured that. And my husband is just too good to me! 

Now for some last minute weekend reading before my four ay work week! I love the holidays!

No comments: