Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm sick with a cold... again. I have a feeling most of this school year will be spent swallowing large amounts of c ough syrup and sucking on cough drops. Not exactly my idea of a good time. Working at St. Johns is a lot of fun, but the trade off is almost unbearable. We'll see what next year brings. Our pumpkin patch fieldtrip on Friday was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time. I took a lot of nice pictures of the kids, but unfortunately I think that's where I got my cold. Standing outside for the whole school day in steadily dropping temperatures wasn't the best idea. This week we have a visit from a fire truck and fire men as well as our Halloween party! Of course, all the kids are excited about Halloween. I thought Matthew and I could dress up as Harry Potter and Cho Chang for our trick or treaters, but I think Matt has to work. Big Bummer. I don't know what I'll be them. I'll have to look around and see what kind of outfits I can come up with.

I have to nanny every night this week. On Thursday, my usual day off, I have to nanny until around 8:30. Definitely not my first choice, especially when I've been sick. I'm having trouble making it the regular 2 hours I nanny each day. Work is work, I suppose. I'll just let Peter know I'm not feeling well. Hopefully then he'll play nicely.

So many newlyweds I know are getting pregnant. I am beside myself with jealousy. Pregnancy is a daily topic of conversation in the Iveson household. Every time I don't feel well in the morning I get excited that I might be pregnant. So far, no go. It would be better for me to work for another year or two to save money, and for Matt to start into his grad program. But I just really want a baby now. God knows best. He'll give us a baby when we're good and ready. I just have to learn to patient.

I guess I don't have much to write about. I have so many thoughts bouncing around in my head, but not that is suitable for online discussion. For instance, I have a lot of thoughts on the upcoming election. All I'll say is that I still support McCain. The more I find out about Obama the more he scares me. I just don't think I like the direction he's leading American in. But that's just one person' opinion.

The end.

No comments: