Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Alivia Grace Winter! Yes, that's right. My little niece, the youngest of our clan, is now 4-years-old! I talked to her on the phone today and I could barely recognise her voice! She has grown up so much since the last time I saw her (in June!). It makes me sad to know all the kids are growing up and will soon be too old for silly little games, hugs and kisses, and phone talks with their aunt and uncle who live 800 miles away. I know, I'm thinking of when they're teenagers. I still have a few years left. It's still sad. Just in case you don't know, Alivia is about the cutest little girl you could ever meet! She is so sweet, sassy, and spunky! Adorable.

I've decided to try a few new moves in my home workout program. I did a few random exercises tonight and added a few high kicks from cheerleading. I was in the best shape of my life my junior and senior years of high school due to cheerleading. Maybe it's about time to bring all those old exercises out again. Needless to say, my body being bent in different directions than it's used to and all, I am a bit more sore now than after my regular workout. I'm not big on cardio... but I do jump rope and do some motion exercises. We'll see if I need to break down and start jogging too. I just can't stand jogging. I know, I hear that once you get into the swing of things it's wonderful blah blah blah. I just can't do the outdoors thing. If we got a treadmill that'd be a different story. I'm just lazy, I know.

I think Simon my fish is dying. He's gained a lot of weight and his tail has been shredded up. He was doing so well and all his fins and scales were bright blue with some red stripes. He had no slits in his fins at all, and then one day he suddenly has a huge chunk missing out of his tail. I was afraid this would happen. I've been trying to feed him a little less so he'll thin out and hopefully he'll leave his tail alone. I don't want him to die. I have the worst luck with fish. Beta fish are supposed to last for three years! Hopefully I can nurse him back to health. He's so pretty.

Matthew and I had a delicious dinner from the hospital tonight! Sounds a bit silly, but we went over to the hospital and took advantage of his discount. They have a wide variety of foods and they're generally always fresh. I had a salad, some cottage cheese, and a biscuit. Not necessarily the most nutritious, but I haven't had a salad for a long time. It tasted good. But still, we went out to the hospital for dinner. We're an odd sort of couple.

This says basically nothing. Seems like a lot of my posts have been this way lately. I need some more meat. Ah well.

The end.

No comments: