Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This has been a very long day. It has not been full to the brim of non stop activity- which is what normally fills one's head when the term "long day" is used. No, it just feels like a long time ago my alarm was going off telling me to get my lazy bum out of bed.

I was so nervous and excited about the interview this morning I couldn't fall asleep last night. I just kept playing over different scenarios in my mind and trying to formulate my answers to questions ahead of time. I dozed off here and there and had some pretty amusing dreams about the interview. It definitely helped me get over my nerves. I shouldn't have been so nervous, after all I have worked with these ladies before. They know me and my capabilities.

The alarm finally went off. I rolled out of bed allowing Matthew to monopolize the entire bed. I don't think he slept very well last night either. I always feel bad when I can't fall asleep. Having a bed partner isn't always the best of situations. When we get a king size bed it will be better. So anyways, I wake up and feel oddly alert and ready for the interview. I had already laid out my outfit. I spent some extra time on my hair and makeup. I wanted specifically to look older than I have in the past. I think the shorter hair and my new use of eye shadow has improved my looking older. I knew that my age might be the determining factor in this interview so I had to look as old as I possibly could.

I drove to Family Life and sat in the car. My stomach started doing flip flops once again. An hour later, I was back in the car. Feeling pretty confident. Not completely confident, but confident enough. I can honestly say that if I don't get the job I will be ok. I will continue looking and something else will pop up. I'm just not worried about it. This job would be a lot of fun and I would love doing what my passion is, but I'm just starting out in my career. There's time for more caseworker positions. And if this job doesn't work out then Matthew and I will probably move at the end of this next school year. That's always a bonus in my mind.

I came home and finished another great book. Matthew was getting ready to go to work. I decided to nap for awhile. I took about an hour long nap... and felt horrible. My head was spinning and I couldn't concentrate on anything I was doing. You guessed it, back to bed. Sometimes I'm just hit with extreme exhaustion. It doesn't really make sense. My dad says I need to start exercising more. I do intend on starting up a gym membership once I start working. Or maybe I'll go for jogs around our neighborhood. It's nice and calm out there. I haven't seen any suspicious creepers yet. Maybe I'll embrace the nice weather of Virginia which allows me job outdoors for eleven months out of the year.

Now I am just waiting for Matthew to get home. He won't until right around midnight. Makes for a pretty lonely evening. I watched a movie and wrote some letters. I need to get some more stamps. I hate having to buy stamps. Not how I want to be spending my paycheck, thanks. I'm about to exercise a little. That should make my dad happy. Nothing too big. Just some pilates and a lot of stretching. Maybe I'll jump around a bit for some cardio. And by jump around, you know I mean have a little singular dance party all over the house!

The mess in our spare room is beginning to bother me. Tomorrow I think I'm going to run some errands around town. I might drop off about half of our junk at goodwill. This stuff I wasn't planning on giving away, but I just don't want to deal with it. Pretty sad, huh. Oh well. I'll make some Lynchburgians real happy with my cute college pillows and blankets. I just don't have a need for twin sized anything any longer. I don't foresee us owning a twin bed until our little girls are 3... which won't be for at least another 5 years! So all this stuff has to go. No sense in saving it really.

My birthday is next week. I'm going to be 21. I know, I'm young. So much life left ahead of me.

Cheers,
Rebecca Iveson

No comments: