Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I had a bad day. It's ok though. It happens.

It started out good. We got our ironing board. And we replaced our glass that broke. And we got a new wireless router than actually works. So all in all, a pretty good beginning to the day.

We get home and there's a nice sized box on our front porch. Our wedding pictures! I start organizing them to put in our proof book... when I realize that a whole lot of them are mysteriously missing. After many phone calls and a few hours of aggravating messes... we figure out that around 300 of our wedding pictures were deleted from our original order. The printers apologize, give us a credit towards our next order and hopefully we'll be getting the rest of the prints in a day or so. It still is aggravating. I have most of my wonderful pictures, but after dealing with customer service for three hours and trying to figure out which pictures were randomly deleted (oh no, they weren't in nice chunks easy to identify. the ones missing were scattered here and there at complete random... easy to find out of the 1000 or so pictures we ordered) I'm in a particularly bad mood and my head hurts.

Oh well, I suppose I'll just drink a glass of sprite and relax for the rest of the night. What else is there to do with a headache?

Even though I'll have to rearrange it later, I'm going to put the prints we do have in our proof book now. Just so I can flip through them and enjoy them. I also have our thank you postcards. I'll begin those tonight as well, once the headache subsides. No fun being thankful when you can't even remember what you're thankful for. I imagine being drunk is a lot like my migraines I get. At least the next morning is like that. So who would willingly choose to put themself through that? Surely not I. But then again, I do turn 21 here in a few weeks. We'll see if anything changes by then. Doubtful. Don't be holding your breath or be saving up money for my super amazing 21st. No bar hopping or clubbing for me, thanks. Just not my style.

I miss my family. It's pretty sad. I wanted so badly to get away from them and move away. Now that I have, I miss them. My parents, my sisters, my brother-in-law, and the kids. Someday soon we better be heading back to GR. The rest of our lives is a long time to be far away from family. I don't want my kids to be the kind of kids who grow up not knowing their aunts and uncles and cousins. And who only see their Grandparents on holidays and maybe a week or two in the summer.

Ok. I'm done with the computer for the night.

Annoyed,
Rebecca Iveson

No comments: