Saturday, July 26, 2008

of kittens and longings.

Disclaimer: I am a cat person. I like dogs too, but cats are good for the soul. They are wonderful companions, they rarely smell badly, and they fit snuggly in a hug. I can't say so much for dogs.

This being said, I haven't been able to get that sweet kitten from yesterday out of my mind. In the time Matthew and I spent cuddling her and petting her she began to truly feel like ours. I wish we had asked about pets for sure when we first moved in. If we knew it was ok to own a cat, I have no doubt in my mind we would've brought her home with us then and there. As it is, I can only hope that tomorrow we'll find out it's ok to get a kitten and hopefully our little baby will still be there. I have been imagining her at my feet as I cleaned the house and did laundry today. When I was doing the dishes I imagined her eating from her bowl on the floor next to me. When I sit in my bed to read I imagine her snuggled in the space between me and Matt's pillows purring happily. I want this kitten so much! Not just a kitten, but this specific kitten. She was so perfect. Maybe we'll find out that cats are not preferred and that will be the end of it. I sure hope not though.

This probably sounds like craziness to those dog lovers of you. But I like dogs also. We're planning on getting two German shepherds someday when we can afford it. For now though, a nice apartment kitty would sure be nice.

No comments: