Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wedded bliss.

That's all there is to it. The past two weeks have been incredible.

Our wedding was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I think I had almost everyone crying. I was sniffling my way down the aisle holding tightly to my Dad's hand. I look kind of funny in pictures, but it was definitely worth it. I was so full of love and emotion for my husband... I couldn't believe our wedding was finally there! The ceremony was beautiful! So much more beautiful than I had imagined it being. It was perfect. All of my nephews and my niece did exactly what they were supposed to do. The string quartet was absolutely amazing, and I have never heard them before. And I get to see our pictures next week and order prints! So excited.

Our reception was pretty great as well. The wedding party entered on golf carts which was fun. The food was good, the dessert bar was better, I smashed cake in my husband's face and he missed mine... priceless. Our best man and maid of honor are absolutely amazing. They really helped our day run smoothly and keep us calm. And then... oh and then... we were able to leave the reception after only an hour and a half! There was a tornado watch... and a massive thunderstorm approaching. So we cleared on out so everyone could get home safely. After we left the downpour began.

Our honey moon was amazing. We went to London. We were planning on going to Paris... but decided to relax a little more instead. We had been there before together, it was actually where I first fell in like with Matthew. So it was full of memories. We ate at the same places we ate at before. We went to some of the same attractions. We didn't stay at the same hotel... but it was the same chain. It was amazing.

We are leaving tomorrow to drive back home to Virginia. It is so weird, I already think of home as being at our new place on Villa Road. I don't like the idea of becoming a Virginian officially, at least for a year, but it's happened! I am one. Ah well.

We packed everything into a nice little uhaul the Jeep will pull nicely. We have a loveseat and a TV from our parents and all the rest of our little presents. We were so truly blessed. We got most of what was on our registry and have more than enough in monetary gifts to get the few things we didn't receive. Our families and friends were all extremely generous. I am so blessed with those who have been a part of my life.

Time for some much needed sleep. We returned to the States on Tuesday. We're still not fully adjusted back to the time difference.

I love my husband. And I love being Rebecca Iveson.

Goodnight.

No comments: