Thursday, February 07, 2008

This week and the next have been my cram weeks for the semester. I think I'll be ok once next week is over. I had two in class exams today. One I already took and I am anxiously awaiting the posting of the grades. And the next I will be taking in an hour and a half. So I have a little more study time. These two tests are the firsts in the two classes I am the least confident in this semester. We'll see how the grades turn out. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pull off at least B's in both of them, but I'm really hoping for at least one A, if not both A's. It's the first test in each class through, so a B won't fail me yet. I hope to get a 4.0 this semester.

I have one more test to take this wee k for my DLP course. Plus the weekly assignment to complete in that class. I'll save both of those for the weekend. Then I am my group's secretary for our group assignment. Since all the work is done online it is difficult to meet with the group as everyone has different schedules. One of the women in my group even lives in Germany! But I am the secretary so I must compile all our individual assignments into one document that makes sense and doesn't overlap. It has been difficult because some people have just been sending me sources without their notes. I am not going to do their work for them and read all of their sources when I have to read my own. It isn't fun working in groups ever, let alone when it is all done online. You aren't held nearly as accountable when it all takes place in a discussion board and we never see each other face-to-face. Thankfully, our professor is part of the group as well so she sees who posts in the discussion board each week and who hasn't been participating. I will be very thankful when our group project is complete.

Next week I have my major book analysis due in my Families Under Stress class. The book is a longitudinal study on divorce. It is a 25 year study that gives all the findings of the effects on children of divorce in different situations. It is a pretty interesting read, I think. Several in my class disagree. It makes me very thankful for the family situations Matthew and I both grew up in as well as our extended family history. We have very solid family systems. It also has made me very sad to read the horrible stories of some of the children in the study. I am going into social work so I must get used to bad home life and terrible cases of child or wife battery. Or husband battery, I suppose. But it will take awhile for me to be able to disengage myself from those situations and not cry every night when I come home from work. I still need to finish the actual book. Then I must compile all the information into my analysis. Shouldn't be too horrible, but I must find the time to do it.

Next week I also have my journal article critique for my Cultures class. Shouldn't be difficult as I've had this prof a few times before and know what she expects in her critiques. But again, I just need to find the time to do it.

But after next week... the rest of the semester is pretty spaced out so I shouldn't have too many exams scheduled for the same day or assignment overlap.

I applied for a nannying job for Monday and Wednesday mornings. It was posted in mid-January so it may already have been filled. I'm hoping it hasn't been because it sounds pretty perfect for my needs. There are a few other postings that were posted in late January or early February, so I'm sure I'll be able to find something, but this one is by far the most attractive and fits the best into my schedule. We'll see if it's already been filled. I'm hoping to receive an email back today or tomorrow. I hate it when people aren't prompt in their replies. Emails aren't all that time consuming so I wouldn't think it would take that long to format a response.

One last thought, LOST tonight! I hope this season just gets better and better. Because I've almost given up hope for that show. I still need to buy the first season to re-watch again. I've forgotten a lot of the details which would help with solving the mystery of LOST. I'll probably continue watching it until they kill off James Ford- Sawyer. He's really the only reason I watch it any longer.

I lied, I have one more thought. My roommate pounds on her keyboard when she types. All the time. It is very loud and annoying during the day. And she stays up until 3 am most night typing away. Not pleasant. I don't understand how she doesn't get hand cramps. Every time I'm in the room with her she's typing typing typing... and it sounds like she puts so much strain on her hands. Just another thing to add to the list.


No comments: