Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!!!!

Why am I so excited for 2008? Why so many amazing things are happening in 2008!

Let's see:::

1. My graduation from Liberty University.
2. Our wedding!
3. Indiana Jones.
4. My 21st Birthday.
5. Harry Potter.
6. Presidential Election.
7. Matthew's 23rd Birthday.

Yes, the new Indie and Harry movies are on my list of exciting events in 2008! I am Indiana Jones' biggest fan! And I have yet to be disappointed with Harry Potter. As far as the election goes... well, it could be VERY good... or VERY bad. We'll see. I think God just might smile upon the United States one last time. I thought that we'd have a democrat in office for sure... but there's a chance. I'm voting Huckabee. I won't go into much detail, but I sure hope he gets the nomination. I'll be disappointed in the Republican party if he doesn't.

So this is the first year in awhile I haven't had any New Year's Resolutions. Last year I did pretty good with them. But I don't really think they're necessary any longer.

I'll stick with a new verse of the year though. I found my new verse late last night without much struggle.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure, then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
James 3: 17-18 (NIV)

Ok. I'm watching some TV while I'm writing this, and a commercial with the Cheers theme song just came on. I have forgotten how much I love that song! I don't remember much of the show, but my sisters and mom used to watch it all the time. It's such a feel good song. It always always brings a smile to my face. Especially when it's on FRIENDS! Name that episode.

Have a Happy 2008.

No comments: