Friday, December 28, 2007

I just love Christmas! I cannot believe it has already come and gone though! 2007 just flew past! I know everyone says that with each new year, but this year really has come and gone without much hesitation. Which I suppose, is a good thing. Although, I have decided that I am not all that fond of the whole "grown up" idea. I used to rush rush rush to get to be an adult... now that I'm here, I just want to go back to the good ole days. And I mean when parents paid for everything, everyone was an athlete, and no one was wasting their life because they just didn't have much of a life to waste quite yet. Yes, I miss those days.

This Christmas was a good one though. I got to see a lot of my old friends who I haven't seen in at least a year. I got to spend time with the majority of my family, current and future. Always a blessing. For the first time ever I got extremely practical gifts from everyone! And I was reminded yet again of the miracle of Jesus. Yes, I cried when Mary Did You Know came on the radio. That song is just so incredible. I don't fully understand how Jesus was. It is amazing to think about. Awesome might be a better word there. It is awesome to think about.

Having a month off of school is a very serious problem for me. It makes me never want to go back. I would be quite content sitting here in my house, doing nothing, not working, not doing schoolwork, and just existing for the rest of my life. I know, I am a very lazy and unmotivated person... but I just really don't care at this point in time. After this year, never again in all of my life will I have opportunity to just be. I'm going to milk it for what it's worth. This is my last real vacation. In 5 short months I will be a working wife. I will have a job, be working on a masters online, and have the house and husband to care for. Busy bee. Then in a few years baby number one will be coming. And after that... I won't get any sleep for at least 18 years. At that point, Baby number one will move out to college somewheres... but we'll hopefully have at least babys numbers two and three and possibly more still living at home. Even after all the children are out of the house and my "worries" are over, there will be college and jobs and weddings and spouses and soon after, grandchildren. See? In that perspective, I can feel like I never want to do anything ever again without even the slightest whim of guilt.

Life is coming at me fast. I am very excited, very scared, and very tired all at once. But all I can do is take one day at a time, learn from my experieces and the experiences of others, and trust God to get me through each and every sticky spot that comes my way.

One last thing, Matthew and I babysat Noah and Livy today. We watched the Incredibles with them. Neither Matt nor I had ever seen the film before. I wasn't all that exnthusiastic about it ever and would have been fine never seeing it... but I HIGHLY recommend it! One of pixars best. My favorite is still Monsters Inc. but I think the Incredibles is now a close second! And I think I only like Monsters Inc. so much because of Livy looking so much like Boo. P.S. for halloween Noah had a Sully custome and my sister, Lisa, made a Boo Costume for Liv! Now this was not the pink nightgown costume you would think. It was Boo dressed up a little monster when Sully takes her to the factory! Oh so cute! Liv wore her hair in pigtails just like Boo and her costume was perfect! So adorable. I have the cutest little niece and nephews ever.

Good night.

No comments: