Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tomorrow is Matthew and my 3 year anniversary. It's honestly so hard to remember my life before him. It's hard for me to remember how important those high school crushes were way back when. Now I don't even know why I liked any of the guys I did. Waste of time. But it all ended up all well in the end.

I have been thinking a lot about Matthew a my relationship and about our future. Bound to happen when wedding planning is the highlight of my life right now. But also looking at those around me and where they are heading in their futures as well... I dunno, I am very glad to be in the relationship I am in and to be the person I am.

When I was younger and my oldest sister turned 20 I told her, "Lisa, I can't believe you're 20 and you're STILL not married!" I was serious too. I thought that 20 was so old and everyone got married then. Well, I'll be 20 and married. One goal accomplished.

My fiance is a recent college graduate. He is ahead of schedule and also has an excellent job in his field. I am so proud of him. He will be a wonderful husband and he will support me in every way, financially, emotionally, and spiritually. I have one semester left of undergrad and my schedule has promise to be the best semester of my college career. I will be graduating in May a whole year ahead of schedule. I will hopefully find a good job that will give us some money to put away to save for a house someday or new cars or baby-on-the-way (someday, definitely not for a few more years).

My fiance and I both have zero debt and excellent credit history. We opened our first credit card together when we went to Kay Jewelers to order our rings. Because of our credit we were able to have a generous limit on our account. We are truly starting at the beginning. We have nothing to pay off from our previous lives. All we have is our new life together after our marriage in June.

We will both have vehicles that not only serve their purpose, but are safe, reliable, and should last us at least until we have children.

We have the full support of our families and friends in our future marriage. We have the help of everyone around us with wedding planning and organizing which is a tremendous help and is much appreciated. And we have been responsible with our time in planning for the wedding and everything that goes along with that.

A lot of other couples our age do not have any of these things. A lot of couples enter marriage with debt they will be paying off until they retire. A lot of couples do not have the support of their parents or their friends and yet they continue in their relationship anyways. A lot of couples have not thought through their future and are stepping blindly into the real world together.

I am so excited for my life with Matthew. I know there will be rough times and life will definitely not be perfect, and I am preparing for those times. But I know that Matthew and I will work through those times together and we will make it. We are grounding our relationship in Christ and seeking the counsel of others who have gone before us into marriage. We are trying to learn from other couples successes and failures in marriage. We are trying as best we can to be prepared for this next giant leap of our lives.

I love my Matthew. We are going to have such a wonderful life together.

No comments: