Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Little Homemaker

Even though I am now the breadwinner of our household (thankfully that is only temporary), I still feel the need to do all the wifely tasks around the house. Matthew has been amazing and I've come home to dishes done, dinner ready, and carpets vacuumed. He had been doing the laundry until I accumulated enough clothes that need special care that I told him I preferred to do that myself. Overall, I find joy in keeping a clean home for my family. Now, does that mean my home is spotless? Absolutely not! The majority of the time it is actually quite filthy. But that doesn't mean I can't try!

So Daddy was gone to Richmond to go to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) to update his records and swear in. Mommy was privileged enough to work from home yesterday and today so she didn't have to stress about finding a sitter. Mommy did her work during the day and Jackson was such a trooper. He played with his toys and watched Mommy work. He's generally pretty content if he can see you and know you're in the room with him.

In the evenings Mommy was able to sweep the floors, clean the kitchen- dishes, counters, floors, do the laundry- to be put away when Daddy gets home, and put away all the messes that had accumulated around the house. Doesn't sound like much, but it takes longer when you have an infant! Now the house looks and smells so much cleaner. It's so nice having a clean house. It will make welcoming Daddy home feel much better. Don't want to welcome him home to our pigsty!

And I spoke too soon. Baby is fussing unless he's being held. So good night and keep a clean house!