Monday, June 21, 2010

low and blue

Alert: pity party coming.

I've been feeling super low and blue recently. I think it's due to a lot of things adding up. I had a bad month at work. I haven't had hardly any time to spend with my husband for a long time because of our differing work schedules. We didn't plan ahead for our anniversary and at first I didn't care because we didn't want to spend a lot of money, but now I wish we had done something special. I haven't had much time for pleasure reading and when I do have time I often have headaches. I haven't been able to exercise in a long time... Partly due to headaches and partly because I'm so exhausted. A lot of food has been going bad because I thought I'd have time to cook but didn't. My kitten just (literally just this second) hit the playstation ejecting my disc of Friends mid-episode. I feel like the house is a mess even after I cleaned it. I took a sick day at work today which I hate doing. I spent almost the entire day in bed. My neck hurts.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. My husband is at work right now. My friends are all busy at the moment. My parents are out of the country for another week. So I don't have anyone to call and complain too. I really don't want to complain to anyone anyways. But I feel all emotionally tied up and I feel like crying and it's just been a lousy couple of weeks.

I keep trying to count my blessings and read my Bible... But I still feel sad. Sometimes it gets old trying to remain positive. Sometimes you just need a down day. Today was definitely a down day. I took a sick day because I haven't been feeling well for the past 5 days... And I should probably take one tomorrow but I won't. Ugh. I hope I feel better emotionally and physically tomorrow.

For tonight, I guess I'll clean out the bathroom to feel productive and settle into bed to read. Hopefully my heating pack will help my neck. Boo.

No comments: