Thursday, April 29, 2010

Losing Motivation... and Finding it Again

I have been fast losing motivation to organize our house and clean our old apartment. I plan on doing some of the cleaning tonight. At least loading my car up with the loads to take to Goodwill and take all the trash out. Tomorrow is trash day there so it would be the most convenient anyways. I'll probably try to vacuum all the floors so that when I go through to mop this weekend it will be all set. It's weird being completely out of that apartment. I really liked the set up and I kind of miss it. But I'm liking our new place more and more as I continue organizing one room at a time. I can hardly wait to buy a new bed and dresser for the Master bedroom! Then all the nasty hand me downs will move into the guest room in perfect time for my Mabsy friend to visit!

Anyways, I'm still unmotivated to do all this. It will get done, probably by this weekend. And then I will bask in the loveliness of our new abode. I don't mind cleaning and organizing really, it's just been two weeks of nonstop moving and organizing and cleaning and finding gross things or dead bugs or live bugs or...

Good news: back to the cat peeing on our leather couch. I found some amazing animal cleaner that has taken most of the smell away! I already cleaned the inside part of the cushions so that is all ready. It was just the leather that was being difficult. The only spot that still smells is one little section that I'm hoping wasn't sprayed well enough when I initially cleaned. I re-cleaned that last night so hopefully when I get home the couch will be ready to be put back together with no nasty urine smell. Not pleasant. Maybe we'll still buy a new couch though. I don't know where we'll put it, but it's an idea.

More good news: My neighbor either doesn't smoke as much as we thought, or she only smokes when she has friends over, or the smoke smell was from our house and the air conditioning has circulated it out entirely! The past three days have been smoke free! I have been doing more cooking that has filled our house with better smells, we put dryer sheets in the vents, and have tried to increase circulation overall in the entire house. And I haven't smelled nasty cigarette smoke since this weekend! Hopefully we won't have to put up with it very much, or at all!

More good news: I'm almost done with Ender in Exile. Again, Card shows his literary genius. Such a unique idea and such a great story. It's different than any of the previous Ender or Bean books. It's a lot more dialogue and has a lot more emotional than any of the other books. Plus, since it's a prequel, it's going back and trying to fill in the gaps while working alongside the Bean books since part of those events factor in to this new book. And apparently (via Matt) Card sets himself up for some more books to come. If I can only be patient! Maybe Matt and I will venture out and read some of his other works besides just Ender and Bean.

Other than that, it is almost the weekend. What a glorious thought. I might go yardsale-ing with my friend, we do need some new house stuff. But I should just clean clean clean until it's all done. We'll see. Either way, it's the weekend! Woot!

No comments: