Saturday, August 30, 2008

a good day

Today was the perfect ending to a very busy first week of work. I got to sleep in after my husband left for work. I love that he gets ready as quietly as he can and always kisses me goodbye before he leaves. The rest of my day was filled with cleaning our whole upstairs, looking through the new vogue and shape magazines my husband bought me, reading of course, watching 24 with my husband when he was home on his lunch break, a good solid workout, trying a new recipe for dinner, Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix (the movie), and ending with a nice long bath to relax my newly worked muscles. All in all, a perfect day and the perfect end to the week and a perfect end to August!

I am currently reading the Christy Miller series again. This is the first time I'm beginning to think I might be a little too old for them. I first read them in junior high. I have since then read them about 3 times each year. They are nice short reads and give me my romance fix. Of course, Karen Kingsbury has a nice adult version alternative. But I still love going on the journey with Christy and Todd. I have read 6 of these books in the past two days. That's the nice thing about the books: if I just need something light for a good pick me up these are the answer. Having to learn a new job and having a new much earlier sleep schedule, these books were perfect for this week. I may take a break from them though. I fear I have crossed over now that I am married. Such a sad day.

McCain made a great choice for the position he's in. I'm not sure how I feel about a woman VP, but there are a handful of female politicians out there who could do a great job. Let's hope Palin is one of them. I don't know much about her. But I still fully support their team still. We'll see come November how smart of a move this really was for McCain. I think he really will do a great job.

Here's hoping,
Rebecca Iveson

No comments: