Friday, August 22, 2008

new teacher orientation

I ended up falling asleep about 2 hours before it was time to start the day. I didn't feel too horrible when the alarm finally went off though, which was definitely a good thing. I arrived right on time for my orientation at the school. The director was only meeting with me and one other teacher. One position is still available and the other new teacher may not be there much longer due to schedule conflicts. So it was just me and Elisa. She was nice, but she hardly talked to me at all. I was very quite though. Everything Jennifer (the director) was saying made good sense to me. We got a lot of paperwork to fill out and learned more about the school. I signed my contract and got to look around my classroom. The teacher I will be working with us carol and I get to meet her on Monday. We have a big staff meeting on Monday and then my first work week! I am very excited about this job. It may not make a lot of money, but Matthew and I see learning to be content and count our blessings. After I get settled if I don't get this nanny position I might try to find another part time job in the evenings. We'll see.

I learned that the dress code at the school is very casual. We can wear jeans snd t shirts as long as their not revealing. That is nice since I was worried about having to buy some more work clothes. I'll still try to look professional, but jeans is a nice option.

I am so thankful for this job. I have no doubt that it will make for a great year. It really isn't about the money. I will be doing something fulfilling and worthwhile with my life and having fun. It's only extra cash anyways. There's still time before babies to make more money. I think this is a great opportunity for me and I can't wait for the school to officially begin!

Time to take a nap. I thought I would be able to make it a little longer but my eyes are getting droopy! Sweet dreams.
Blessings,
Rebecca Iveson

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm glad things went well for you today. New teacher orientations can be long and boring. I hope you get more sleep tonight! :)