Tuesday, August 19, 2008

God is so good. God is so good. God is so good he's so good to me.

I plan on singing a lot of songs like that in the upcoming year! I'm digging out my collections of children's stories to refresh myself in case I need any quick fixes in the classroom! It's amazing how we can hear stories for years when we are young and forget the details or even the names of the prominent characters after just a few years! The same holds true for Bible stories. I have been so used to having Bible classes every day since Kindergarten it's been hard to keep myself refreshed to the basic Bible stories every child learns in Sunday School. I'm glad my job will keep me current with children's stories and the Bible. Good practice.

I also have a job interview tomorrow to nanny for a family. The schedule they listed seems to coincide perfectly with my school schedule. It would be the perfect complement to my job and will give me a little more income, more experience, and two more children to bless my life. I received an email today from them asking for an interview. They said their schedule had changed slightly. I hope it still works out. It sounds like this position would be a lot of fun. I'd pick the children up from school then take them home. I would get them a snack, help them with their homework (they are in 1st and 2nd grade so shouldn't be too horrible of assignments), and then just play with them until that evening when their parents come home. It would be a perfect second job with just the right number of hours and I'd still be home to make Matt a late dinner on the nights he doesn't have to work at the hospital. If their schedule changes to much earlier it might not work out, but I'm still hopeful. And if it doesn't work out, then it was just extra income anyways. Nothing too serious. I'm just thankful for the opportunity!

God is so truly good. I don't understand how so many go through life without Him. He is our very reason for existence after all.

Truly,
Rebecca Iveson

No comments: