Monday, July 21, 2008

Indeed, I do love married life. There are just so many things to take care of! Tomorrow Matthew and I are headed to the DMV to get our new driver's licenses, new license plates for my car, a new title for my car (my dad signed the Jeep over to me! Yay!), new registrations for our cars, new voters cards for this upcoming election... and anything else we need for officially living in Virginia. Along with that, I had to scrounge around in our safe for all of our official information. Since I've never had to do anything like this before I figure I"ll just take everything with me to be safe. Including my order of adoption! Ridiculous. I wish prior to marriage you could fill out all the paperwork and then when you arrived home after your honeymoon a package was waiting for you with all your new documents. Ah well, I suppose this is just one small angle of government I dislike right now, but in the grand scheme of things it's quite necessary.

I have also been scrambling trying to get all my grad school information set up. I think I decided to post pone starting my classes until October. I should still be finished by next summer either way so I figure, why not take a little break? So I'll have a little more relaxing to do. Plus I have to set up my desk space yet. I'm hoping to get a desk for my birthday... in 2 weeks! Anyways, Matthew and I didn't keep our tax return information (stupid) so I've been trying to get free transcripts sent to us... yeah, the IRS isn't very helpful sometimes. I don't know if you all knew this or not. But I'll try again tomorrow. It just takes so stinking long to get a hold of a person. All this computerized mumbo jumbo. All options should include speak to a representative at the very first screen so you can just ask your question and they can transfer you where you need to go. But I'm not too worried about it. Now that I'm not starting in August it isn't such a rush. I'd still like to get it all set up as soon as possible though.

I'm still waiting about the job. I talked to the caseworker who recommended the job to me. They have my resume and are setting up appointments for interviews and such. I'll give the office a call tomorrow to see if they can work me in sometime soon, and to kind of get my foot in the door and let them know I'm really interested. Everyone is in and out of the office a lot though so tracking down the people I need to talk to may be a bit of a hassle. I'm willing to wait and leave messages though! I really really want this job to work out. Not only is it doing exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it's at the specific agency I would choose to work at if I have my druthers! I never imagined I'd actually have the opportunity to work at FLS since we're planning on moving back home to Michigan eventually, but now that some positions have opened up it just seems as if God is looking to bless me! If it doesn't work out, it's still ok and I'm sure something just as good will come along. But it seems completely perfect. Timing and everything. I just hope those in charge of hiring feel the same way. And maybe Matthew and I will settle in here for a few more years. Right now we're thinking we'll stay an extra year than we had planned... but if he goes to VA Tech we could be here for around 10 years. Plenty of time for me to get all the experience I need. I could even keep working part time after I have our babies. It would be too good of a situation to work around. We'd have to work around our schedules, but I'm sure I could work it out. I'm getting way ahead of myself though. I'm just hoping and praying that this will work out. I should know real soon.

Have a happy Monday!

No comments: