Friday, September 07, 2012

Stay-At-Home-Mommy

So far... I'm loving this stay at home mom gig! I mean really, is that a surprise to anyone? I haven't tried putting Jackson on a schedule since things are so crazy right now. Hopefully when we are settled in Michigan we can get him on a schedule.

Today Jack and I slept in a little (as much as you can with a baby) since Mommy was tired. Last night I began feeling lonely and really missed Matt. It was mainly because I wanted to tell him about my day and I couldn't. I think that will be the hardest part of him being away. I am a quality time and a lot of my quality time comes out in good conversation. It's hard to have good conversation with your husband isn't allowed access to a phone. So Mommy stayed up later than usual looking around online and occupying her mind.

Today, baby and Mommy met a friend for lunch, dropped off some parts for the bed we sold yesterday, went to the bank, and went to the grocery store. Jackson is such a good little shopper. He loved being able to look at all the things going on around him. He was in his umbrella stroller for lunch and in the Moby for all the other errands. Everywhere he goes he makes new friends. People love to look at him and coo at him. He always obliges with a smile. I never get tired of hearing strangers tell me how cute my baby is!

Now, on to the packing. So far it's been coming along quite well. Better than I had anticipated. Selling furniture has helped make the space look more open and less messy. Though the pile of boxes in the middle of the living room makes the room look full still. Hopefully in the next week we'll have people buy the loveseat and our table and chairs. That will just leave the TV stand for larger items.

More to say, so much more to say, but baby is hungry.