Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Sleepless Night

We dropped Matt off around noon at the Recruiting Station today. We sat around with him for about 45 minutes before they headed out. I held it together. Got a little teary on the drive home. Was exhausted so took a nap with the baby. Then busied myself with packing and playing with Jack.

It's not like he's deployed to a dangerous, hostile environment. Yes, he will be gone for awhile, but at least I know where he is and what he's doing (for the most part). At the end of all this he will be a soldier and we will officially be an Army family.

While I have not had a good cry yet, I did eat two of the drumsticks stocked in my freezer (the cookies and cream kind... how am I just now discovering these?). I did get a LOT of packing done (the living room is almost done. Just waiting on people to buy/pick up our large items and the living room will look a lot emptier!). I did deal with a baby who I suspect has bad dreams (I had night terrors as a child and I can't figure out Jack's sudden shrieks while he's sleeping otherwise...). I did reorganize my clothes I had packed up and got rid of more items and packed more efficiently so some of my clothes will remain in storage. I did watch many episodes of Grey's Anatomy (thank you, Mommy, for the birthday present). 

I am still lying here awake. Though I will go to sleep once this is finished. I am tired... but I am still awake. Maybe this is how I handle my emotions? Hopefully baby will sleep in tomorrow. We have some errands to run but I'll plan to nap with him tomorrow so I can catch up on sleep. This will not be a nightly occurrence. It is just strange not having Matt in the house. 

We had a family photo shoot this past week. We rushed it since Matt was leaving early. Thankfully, my Lynchburg photographer is a friend so we were able to work in a shoot short notice. I am thrilled with how the pictures turned out!

Enjoy.