Monday, July 23, 2012

Where Your Treasure Is

Yesterday I was convicted. Our World Vision statement came in the mail so I knew we would be sending along a check this week. That is about half of our tithing each month. I had a $20 in my wallet. Before church I sat there, thought about it, opened my wallet and looked at the 20, and closed my wallet again. I honestly was thinking about how nice it would be to have cash on hand during the next couple weeks, ya know, for things like candy bars and vanilla fraps. Yes, that is what I use my loose change for.

Well, right before the offering was taken Dr. Kroll said, "Where your treasure is there your heart will be also"... conviction. I thought to myself, "Dangit, Dr. Kroll!" So I got out my wallet and passed my $20 to Matt to drop in the plate.

Let me tell you, obeying God is uplifting. If I had kept that $20 I can guarantee I would be legitimizing that act for every purchase made with that $20. I would have that sickly feeling in my stomach for the rest of the day and it would return each time I opened my wallet. Instead, I felt refreshed and light. Obeying God gives reassurance like no other. I know that God will provide for my family as long as we obey His direction.

Lesson learned.

On a separate subject (though semi-related): I am so blessed to have parents and in-laws that are willing and able to assist us if need be- in all areas. I was able to call my Dad to ask for some assistance for something and he was more than happy to help me out. I know, not giving a lot of details, but the point is: I am very blessed to have four amazing parents. I love each of them and am so thankful for their part in my life. I am also so thankful for their love, support, and influence on my son, Jackson. It is so reassuring knowing that he has four loving grandparents.