Monday, April 30, 2012

One Month Old /// 5 Weeks

Jackson turned one month old on Thursday! When did that happen? My baby is no longer a newborn. This first month has been so much better than I anticipated. People keep asking what has been the most surprising about parenthood? Honestly, it's the self sacrifice of being a parent... and the fact that I don't mind in the least1 If you know me, you know that I am a pretty selfish person. I find that Jackson comes first always before myself. His needs trump mine every single time. And I don't mind at all.

Jackson has been such a little ray of sunshine in our lives. I could not ask for a more beautiful, more well behaved baby. He only cries when he needs something and as soon as mommy and daddy figure out what it is he stops. He smiles at us and loves being held. He is such a good little eater now that we fixed his tongue-tie. He is healthy and growing more and more every single day. Even since the beginning of vacation he has filled out his onesies! We may have to add some of the 0-3 month sized onesies to the outfits he can wear when we return home! 

I will keep this update short since I plan to go much more in detail about Jack's past week... but this first month has been the best of my life. I am so thankful for our third member of the family. He is the perfect complement to Matthew and myself. I could not be happier.

I had a little mini photo shoot with Jack on his one month birthday. I gathered up some props from around the house and snapped a few photos. They still need to be edited, but one of my favorites is this one. I love that little smirk. Matt doesn't like this setup (the fuzzy blanket and all), but I just love this face!


Today is Jackson's 5 Week birthday. He is officially into month two of his life. Today has been busy and I almost forgot to snap his picture! So he is in his jammies and he had been sleeping. He woke up to eat and I took this picture afterwards. No smiles for the picture, but it sure shows his growth! He is getting a little chunkier, but I do not think he will every be a chubby baby. He's just filling out more and getting stronger. 

Again, I'll update more about the happenings of this week when I have time to do a vacation post. Lots has happened and Jack has met so many people! 

Love this little guy!