Sunday, February 26, 2012

Exceptional Weekend

Even though it started out kind of rough, this weekend has been exceptional. Without going into too many details, we are now a one income family. Hopefully this won't last long and it actually isn't even that stressful... yet. Surprisingly enough, Matt and I have been at peace about everything and just looking forward to the next step in our journey. I am once again reminded of my focal verse for this year:

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit.

1 Thess. 5:16-19

While right now we are uncertain about our immediate future paths, we rest assured that God is in complete control and knows what's best for our lives. Living in confidence in Him is... very reassuring, to say the least. Thankfully, Matt and I have not been living outside of our means, are able to live comfortably on one income, and have enough in savings to give us some wiggle room when needed. Again, we still hope that this situation will be quickly remedied.

So, despite the rather rough start to the weekend... we were able to spend Friday night together, which we hadn't planned since Matt was originally scheduled to work that evening. He was also scheduled to work Saturday and Sunday mornings so I looked at it as extra time with my husband! We watched a movie, got some essentials from the store, and had a lovely evening in together.

Saturday morning I had a super fun shower with some of my Lynchburg friends. Unfortunately, the shower invites were returned in the mail twice... so many could not make it on such short notice. It was still so much fun to celebrate with my friends who could be there. The theme was "Once Upon a Time" and some of the decor included Jack's Magic Beans, a Wishing Well for wishes for me on stressful days post baby, and some old children's books. We played Baby Jeopardy (my team won!), Baby Scattergories, made onesies and burp clothes by designing bits of fabric- ironing them to the onesie or burp cloth- and the hostess will sew around the edges to keep them together (adorable!), and then opened presents. We also began with brunch, which was delicious! I am so blessed to have friends who know me so well. We got some items we still needed for Jackson, which is also a blessing. Pictures to come with this weeks preggo post.

After the shower Matt and I went to the gym. I have found that not only does it make me feel better about all the baby weight I've gained (which is actually not that much... but feels like a lot), but also it helps my legs and hips to loosen up. We then ran some errands and went to dinner at Panera with a gift card from Gma Lolo.

Today we went to church and were blessed by Pastor Nathan as usual. That is one thing I am not looking forward to once we enter the military- having to find new churches with each new assignment. I really enjoy Heritage Baptist, the preaching, and the heart of the church. We have been blessed to attend there the past 3.5 years. Came home, had some more good eats, took a nap, then did some organizing of the guest room and nursery. I was supposed to go to a baby shower for a friend this evening but I was so exhausted. I knew she would understand and I'll give her the present at work this week. I was able to get so much done in both rooms! I am so excited for the finished products. Thank you, nesting instinct! I haven't felt the need to wash everything yet... but I do have the organization bug! I have finally put away all of Jack's clothes... it's even worse than I thought! I'll have to keep track of what he wears to be sure we get at least one good wear out of all his outfits before he outgrows them!

It has been a very productive and relaxing weekend. I encourage you all to rest in the peace of the Lord in all situations. Normally I am a stressed person. I have been working on this and apparently I have gotten better. I have also been trying to grow in my active faith in the Lord. As I said before, it is very reassuring to live in the knowledge that God is in control.


No comments: