Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More Time

Well, we've been given more time with Emily. While I am happy we can try to cure her (even though nothing has worked thusfar) I hope she doesn't continue to pee on our nice things. Though, we'll probably end up getting a new couch eventually anyways so it was only a matter of time before the loveseat was thrown out also. At least it was a hand-me-down.

The Humane Society has a LONG waitlist for animals. So we are on that waitlist. They didn't anticipate being able to take her anytime soon though.

I scheduled a vet appointment for a Behavior Consult, which will hopefully give us a Rx to try with her.

I am stopping by Petsmart today to buy a new litter box (hopefully larger since we don't have much space), new litter that is softer (since she seems to like soft surfaces- couches, blankets, clothes, pillows), a cat pillow/bed, and some more urine cleaner. Maybe some treats as well to see if that helps. I've scoured the internet for the past year searching for ideas and so far nothing has helped. Hopefully the vet's meds will help since I'm at a loss of what else to do.

So Matt and I were both upset for no reason. At least now we know we can get rid of her if the Humane Society gets an opening. But I'm still hoping for a miracle cure for our bad kitty!

No comments: