Thursday, December 01, 2011

26

This will be the first of three posts today. Because yesterday just wasn't working for me to remain conscious long enough to update. I dragged myself out of bed. Went to work for a half day, because my boss is awesome. Went to the gym with Matt- this is how we spend time together. Took a short nap after showering. Woke up to get pretty to go to Matt's birthday dinner. Came home and went straight to bed for another nap. Woke up around 9 pm to eat birthday pie with Matt. Watched an episode or two of Grey's. Bed. Slept in this morning because I just couldn't wake up. Still exhausted. Ridiculous.

So... my husband's birthday was yesterday! 26 years old. No longer in his mid-twenties. Well, ok. He's technically still mid-twenty for one more year... but 26 seems to be in the late twenties.

Sometimes I hate posting about the awesomeness of my husband. Because whatever I say it always seems superficial. But honestly, my husband is amazing. He is loving and caring and patient... all things I need. He is ambitious, hard working, and loyal... all things required to be successful in this world. He is a thinker, empathetic, and kind... which the entire world needs more of. Most importantly, he loves his Lord and desires to serve Him in all he does.

Matt has been blessed with 26 years of life. I have been blessed to be a part of that life for the past 8 years. I look forward to the next handful of decades together to grow and love each other more and more. Sometimes when I think about our relationship and how it all began... I just can't believe we actually ended up together. When Matt and I first started unofficially dating we would say, "Matt Iveson and Becca Bonnell... who ever would have thought?". But we are perfect together.

Happy Birthday to my amazing husband. He is handsome and I love him.

No comments: