Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Heart

I am thankful for the direction we are heading.

Sometimes I list all the things I am thankful for, but this year I would just like the highlight that one thing. Last year around Christmas I never would have thought that we would be planning a family (not an announcement) and applying to enter the military. The thought didn't cross my mind and I thought we would be making our way through grad school together and then settling down back in Michigan. Last Christmas I may have expected us to be planning a family, but not in the same sense we are now. Life changes. Incredibly. I am so thankful for how things are turning out. I have every confidence that this is where God wants us right now. We may have complications with pregnancies to come, we may go through adoption, we may have no hindrances at all. We may go through the entire application to the Marines and then be turned down or decide not to go through with it. Whatever happens in the future, I know that right now we are exactly where we should be. That is a great feeling to have. I am thankful for it.

Blog posts are boring without pictures. I apologize for my empty blogs. I will try to be better about that. I haven't updated my pictures on my computer even since Maxie came home. He's definitely not a baby kitten anymore, even though I pretend he is. Today would be a great day to update my pictures... but instead I am updating my music library. Not purchasing anything new quite yet, still putting all my old stuff on my "new" computer. I like doing it manually so I can remember what I have and I can decide not to include certain albums.

That is my Thanksgiving. I finished all my homework for the week earlier this morning. I am going to try to read 300 pages from my textbook tonight. Then I can finish that book tomorrow and maybe even write my book review. Then I can begin my second textbook (which is 800 pages) Saturday and Sunday. Try to get through as much of that as I can. Finish it while home in Michigan. Write the book review. Both book reviews are due the second week of December.

I also want to watch National Treasure 2 today. As a break. I've been wanting to watch it for some reason for the past week. Today will be the day. While I am enjoying my Thanksgiving feast! I am having Chicken Cor don bleu (because I do not like Turkey at all), Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, a potato dish yet to be determined, and Cabbage. Good meal for one. My dad works in a hospital and my husband works in a hospital... I suppose I am used to having semi-lonely holidays. Good preparation for when he is training or deployed, I suppose.

What a day. It is a day off work, another reason to be Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: